FYI: Beta Click-Jacking issue

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
IMB4U

FYI: Beta Click-Jacking issue

Post by IMB4U »

Hi! Forgive me if this is supposed to be placed in a different area, but I wasn't sure exactly where to put it.

Anyway, I was using the betas/nightly(?) -- I somehow had been switched to it in the past -- and the most recent beta was v 2.0.2rc11 (I think!). The updates were sort of fast and furious lately and I do remember seeing the "rc10" for sure...but I think I also had received the "rc11" last.

I was in Hotmail this afternoon and I simply used the mouse to click on "bold" and the click-jacking box appeared. I could not click anywhere without that box popping up.

So I uninstalled it and downloaded the stable version V. 2.1.1.2, and everything was all right, again.

For what this is worth, perhaps it will be of interest?
Windows 8, Professional, 64-bit/4 GB Ram/Pale Moon 25.5/ NoScript, Adblock Plus, Better Privacy; Super-Antispyware (free), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free), Spyware Blaster (free), WinPatrol (free)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.18) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: FYI: Beta Click-Jacking issue

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Thank you.
Could you check whether the problem exists in 2.1.2rc1 from http://noscript.net/getit#devel ?
If it does, could you click the "Report" button on the ClearClick dialog and tell me the assigned Report ID?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
IMB4U

Re: FYI: Beta Click-Jacking issue

Post by IMB4U »

Hi Giorgio!

I'm a little late in getting back here, but I hope this is still of benefit.

I downloaded the v2.1.2rc1 from http://noscript.net/getit#devel and it's working great! :D
Windows 8, Professional, 64-bit/4 GB Ram/Pale Moon 25.5/ NoScript, Adblock Plus, Better Privacy; Super-Antispyware (free), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free), Spyware Blaster (free), WinPatrol (free)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.18) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18