Remember the Milk - can't find workable settings

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
sdrubble

Remember the Milk - can't find workable settings

Post by sdrubble »

Hi there,

I'm a long-time user of NoScript, currently with NoScript 1.9.1.91 and Firefox 3.0.8, and more or less familiar with its setup & options. :D

However I'm currently at odds with http://www.rememberthemilk.com/ . I can't login correctly unless when fully DISABLING the NoScript extension and restarting FF. Before arriving to this conclusion I performed some tests, selectively disabling each of my multiple FF extensions one at a time, before becoming sure that NoScript is the only offending party here . . . :cry:

I have searched both noscript.net and rememberthemilk.com, found no tips at all. :?

Have also whitelisted http://www.rememberthemilk.com/ within noscript, to no avail. :roll:

I can login correctly on rememberthemilk.com, either with Google Chrome (the preferred workaround) or with Firefox with the NoScript extension disabled (which I don't like to do). :ugeek:

Could you shed some light into this ? :?: Any tips would be welcome !!! ;)

Cheers

sdrubble
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8

Solved this (sort of) - looks like a site quirk

Post by Guest »

Well, I found a [ridiculous] workaround for my issue above. :shock:

Instead of attempting to log in at http://www.rememberthemilk.com/login/ (which fails on me) I now go first to http://www.rememberthemilk.com/login/?f ... wtopic.rtm . This is the "Log in to post in the forum" URL.

On that page the login succeeds, and I'm taken to http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/newtopic.rtm . On this page there's a "Home" link, which I click on and takes me to my full personal content.

All this with NoScript finally enabled !!! :lol:

Go figure . . . thx anyway folks !

sdrubble
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
sdrubble

Just to clarify . . .

Post by sdrubble »

Sorry, I forgot to add my username to above post. It was also made by myself. Most sites don't allow anonymous posting, so I forgot to "identify" myself.

Cheers

sdrubble
therube
Ambassador

Re: Remember the Milk - can't find workable settings

Post by therube »

What happened when your login attempt failed?
Did you get a "Sorry, that wasn't a valid login. Please try again." message?

At times, for whatever reason, I've had to do a Reset before certain sites functioned properly.
As far as I could tell, other then that certain site, everything elsewhere was working properly.

For instance, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... aignID=909.
I'd fill out name, email, zip, & the captcha code. Hit Enter Now, & I would receive a 'Verification Failed' message.
Repeatedly.

A different Profile, or a different browser (with NoScript) worked as expected. Yet my main Profile, my main browser would not. So I did a Reset.

After performing the Reset, I then set my NoScript settings back to my liking. AFAIK those settings were then no different from before the Reset.

Once done, the site accepts my captcha code successfully.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090410 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Glad its working for you now but on many sites, the issue is that they don't properly set the cookie which causes the login to fail. I know 3 websites that you have to force reload the page once before the login page will recognize your login. I have talked to their developers and they keep saying that the method they use works fine with IE which they use to test it and so they don't care. The only way I found around it with Firefox is to just force reload the page once after going there and it works. Anyway not sure if that's your problem here but just wanted to share that.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.91 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
sdrubble

Post by sdrubble »

therube wrote:What happened when your login attempt failed?
Did you get a "Sorry, that wasn't a valid login. Please try again." message?
I'm (still) getting the "No lists found" page if I don't do the workaround.

There was a recommendation on the site's knowledge base to "close all browser windows, clear cache and cookies" to fix this. However I had some ongoing research with multiple tabs & windows open and I just couldn't do this clean-up today. I suppose it might have worked, might test it again whenever I don't have a whole lot of in-flight stuff.
GµårÐïåñ wrote:The only way I found around it with Firefox is to just force reload the page once after going there and it works. Anyway not sure if that's your problem here but just wanted to share that.
Yep, the "clean-up everything" approach might have worked but, as explained above, I just couldn't afford doing this today. The workaround is not a troublesome thing to do, so I'll stick with it until I'm ready to do it the "right" way.

Thank you both for your inputs.

Cheers

sdrubble
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

No biggie, try it when you can and let us know. Good luck.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.91 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

OK, no problem logging in at http://www.rememberthemilk.com/login/.

With rememberthemilk blocked, you get logged in but are presented with a (website) JavaScript warning.
Allow rememberthemilk, & your task list displays.
Logout.
Login again (this time with rememberthemilk Allowed), & you are immediately presented with your task list.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090410 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre