[RESOLVED] Can't Install NoScript

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
bbbux

[RESOLVED] Can't Install NoScript

Post by bbbux »

I transferred all my firefox extensions with everything else to my new computer via Mozbackup. However, NoScript didn't work on the firefox I transferred to (It still works perfectly on the old computer). It tried to update itself but couldn't. So I uninstalled it and then tried to re-install. But it won't. What should I do know?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Can't Install NoScript

Post by Alan Baxter »

Try these steps until NoScript is working right again.

1) The extensions database is corrupted. Exit Firefox, delete the files mentioned here in this linked article, restart Firefox. Uncorrupted versions of the files will be automatically regenerated. Corrupt_extension_files.
2) Perform a Standard Diagnostic. If NoScript isn't working by the time you get to the "Create a new profile" step. That step should do the trick.

Hope this helps. Please let us know whether it does.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9
bbbux

Post by bbbux »

One addition to the original post: I deselected everything under "unknown files" during Mozbackup backup. Maybe some necessary stuff didn't make it to the new computer and this causes the problem. So if you can tell which files under "unknown files" should be added to the backup file, the problem might go away.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
bbbux

Post by bbbux »

OK, deleting those files worked. Thanks a lot!
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

That was quick! You're welcome. :D
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9