<noscript> tag

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
daego

<noscript> tag

Post by daego »

I am trying to have my site show a friendly message in place of an embedded Google Maps tool in my site. I have the following code:

Code: Select all

<div id="map">
 <noscript>
  Our map requires JavaScript to navigate visually. Please use the following links to navigate:
  <a href="blah">blah</a> ...
 </noscript>
<div>
It works fine when I fully disable JavaScript in my browser. However, when I use NoScript to disable scripts, it does not show. Is that intentional? I like my site to be as friendly to all users as possible and provide alternate means of navigation.

(The links are repeated elsewhere on the page as well, so if this can't be fixed, I won't cry too hard.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: <noscript> tag

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

If your NoScript preferences in "Advanced" tab "Untrusted" is set to "Hide <NOSCRIPT> elements" then it won't show, same with "Trusted" tab's "Show the <NOSCRIPT> elements which follows a blocked <SCRIPT>". If you have these set to NOT show noscript element, then you won't see them, so I guess you can say its by design.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 FirePHP/0.2.4