When exactly NoScript blocks scripts or elements ?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
miky_pass

When exactly NoScript blocks scripts or elements ?

Post by miky_pass »

Hello!

I am using NoScript add on with it's all default settings. My connection is slow, and i see that NoScript blocks the elements and scripts after loads all page. I can not explain it exactly in English but i can tell what i faced : I load the facebook.com, first the page loaded, and i see the textbox for username and for password textbox. After it loads the page it quickly blocks the elements on the page and i see this warning from facebook like always : "Javascript is disabled on your browser. Please enable JavaScript or upgrade to a Javascript-capable browser to use Facebook. Alternativly, you can access the mobile version of Facebook here. "

So that means NoScript blocks the elements and scripts after loads them... Is there any way to block elements and scripts when loads Firefox the page ? Also that would be better for user's privacy, because for just milliseconds some servers can get your infos...

Thank you!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101206 Ubuntu/10.10 (maverick) Firefox/3.6.13
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: When exactly NoScript blocks scripts or elements ?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

NoScript blocks everything before it starts to load.
In other words, it does save your bandwidth.

The placeholders for visible elements are created a bit later for various reasons (maybe to work-around layout issue), but this has no correlation to the (early) time the block happens.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
nimd4

Re: When exactly NoScript blocks scripts or elements ?

Post by nimd4 »

[offtopic]

If you're bothered, this is how HTTP works server-side; which may help in understanding of how things work. :$

@

Code: Select all

http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html
Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:12.0a1) Gecko/20120113 Firefox/12.0a1