FF4 cannot disallow java window launching

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
NginUS

FF4 cannot disallow java window launching

Post by NginUS »

I just upgraded to FF4b7, and it lacks the checkbox I need to uncheck that allows me to disallow javascript from launching viewports in a new window rather than in a new tab like everyone else.

I unchecked all the javascript permissions and these windows still detach automatically while previous versions I would simply uncheck all the javascript permissions and this problem would be solved.

So now I had to install NoScript & am forced through this learning curve that I simply do not have time for.

Would someone kindly explain how to just make these windows not launch- without trying to go over the ocean of features that come with NoScript please?

I don't need any of all this thing can do- just need to make these damn windows stop detaching so I can get back to work.

Thank you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
therube
Ambassador

Re: FF4 cannot disallow java window launching

Post by therube »

(If you're actually doing "work", then why are you "playing" with an unstable Trunk build. Why not go back to the stable branch.)

Seem to recall some recent bugs <& have seen changes in the past too> pertaining to links & how & under what circumstances they open in what particular way. IOW, things are & have been in a state of flux. So what was yesterday may not be today & may be different again tomorrow.

Would think that there are Preference items to handle most situations? But you'd have to ferret them out.

Don't understand your problem enough (& probably don't know NoScript enough) to offer suggestions on that end.

Java (as specified in your Subject: line) has no bearing (I don't think). Further Java is not JavaScript.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b8pre) Gecko/20101110 Firefox/4.0b8pre SeaMonkey/2.1b2pre