NS freezes FF when you click options

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
liquorvicar

NS freezes FF when you click options

Post by liquorvicar »

I have just installed NS 1.9.1.6 on Windows XP in FF 3.08. I have previously installed NS on a number of PCs both XP and Kubuntu and every one has worked fine. On this particular install, there is no "S" quick link in the bottom right-hand corner of FF. When I click on "Tools"->"Add-ons"->"Extensions" an then click "Options" under the NS entry, no dialogue boxes come up and FF seems to freeze and I have to close it and restart before I can do anything else.
Any ideas? Is this a bug? Or something to do with my install? There are no themes installed in FF on this PC and the only other extensions installed are 2 from AVG free and Java Quick Starter 1.0.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032711 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.8
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: NS freezes FF when you click options

Post by Alan Baxter »

Try these steps to get NoScript working right again.
1) The extensions database might be corrupted. Exit Firefox, delete the files mentioned here in this linked article, restart Firefox. Uncorrupted versions of the files will be automatically regenerated. Corrupt_extension_files.
2) Perform a Standard Diagnostic. This step should do the trick if the first one doesn't.

Hope this helps. Please let us know whether it does.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: NS freezes FF when you click options

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

This sounds like a classic corrupted installation due to Fx's session restore which has been known to cause this if there are things pending. Doing what Alan suggested will fix your problem but just to be on the safe side, uninstall NS first, then follow the directions to delete and restore your extension files and the reinstall clean and you should be fine. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 FirePHP/0.2.4