Sites not working

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
VancouverSue

Sites not working

Post by VancouverSue »

My husband recently installed NoScript on my computer. I am *not* a techie, so I do not know which versions of whatever systems I have on my computer, but we are running Mozilla Firefox for a browser. With NoScript, I am not able to get full functionality of websites that were previously ok, despite having marked these sites as fully "allowed". (One is Facebook; I haven't tried Myspace since NS was added.) A couple of these websites are work-related, so are critical for me to have ready access to, especially since work is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Is there a common secondary domain that needs to be allowed for these to work properly?

Thanks! ~

Sue
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032711 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.8
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Sites not working

Post by Tom T. »

Please see the NoScript Quick Start Guide For Beginners and the NoScript FAQ. I believe you will find the answers to these questions and feel much more comfortable with NoScript. If you still have questions after using these resources, please don't hesitate to come back and ask. Thank you for using NoScript!

P. S. If you look at the small print at the bottom of your post, you'll see that you're running a Linux-based kernel, Ubuntu 8.04, and Firefox 3.0.8. ... just in case you wanted to know ;)
Last edited by Tom T. on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add sys info for OP
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US and very good at it, so please write properly; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 which is much better than 3.x
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Welcome to the forums and NoScript and as Tom said, please read the beginner's guide and it will answer many questions. Tom worked very hard on it and it should prove useful. You also can checkout the NoScript Website for more information as well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us and we'll elaborate for you.

And as Tom pointed out, on this site you can see in the footer of your post the system you are posting from. In your case its Ubuntu Desktop (codenamed hardy) which is a Linux based operating system and running the latest FireFox. Its a very good OS and for a novice, you are off to a good start :) Good luck.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 FirePHP/0.2.4
VancouverSue

Post by VancouverSue »

I've already been to the NoScript website, and the FAQ. I looked at the settings on mine, and they conform to the recommendations, yet the sites I need still are not working. The sites will have the full blue S, and I seem to have the loosest security settings for the trusted sites that are available, as near as I can tell. On Facebook, I can see my profile page but nobody else's pages, and I cannot post notes (although I could when NS was first installed, now I can't) and cannot see nor respond to friend requests. On the secure page through one of my employment sites, I can get to the main page but cannot open projects.

Thanks ~ Sue
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032711 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.8
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

I'm a (very moderate, for test purpose only) Facebook user and it's working fine for me.
To be double sure your issues come from NoScript, please try to disable it from Tools|Add-ons|Extensions and restart your browser.
Should the problem persist with NoScript disabled, please try to re-enable it, restart your browser, use NoScript Options|Reset and then allow the sites which are not working.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I don't use Facebook at all, so I am not going to be much help to you at all, except in theory. So try Giorgio's recommendations and we'll take it from there.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 FirePHP/0.2.4
VancouverSue

Post by VancouverSue »

Problem solved - the supporting file that allows my sites to automatically open with my preference settings (Javascript enabled) was missing, so Javascript wasn't even enabled. Had to have my husband help on that one. Now things are working again. My clue was that I still had trouble even with NS disabled, and these are sites that I can normally use ok.

Thanks for your help!
economist

Post by economist »

Using
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22pre) Gecko/20090327 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.22pre

and cannot properly open this: scripts disabled and the page keeps scrolling down, some evil flash refresh I suppose

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22pre) Gecko/20090327 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.22pre
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

economist wrote:scripts disabled and the page keeps scrolling down, some evil flash refresh I suppose
Did you check if the problem persists with latest 1.9.1.8 NoScript?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Glad you got it working. If you ever need anything else, drop by and we'll be glad to help.
economist

Post by economist »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
economist wrote:scripts disabled and the page keeps scrolling down, some evil flash refresh I suppose
Did you check if the problem persists with latest 1.9.1.8 NoScript?
I just got the update and now it works. Cheers.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Good to hear you got it working.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 AdblockPlus/1.0.1 NoScript/1.9.1.8 RequestPolicy/0.5.4 FirePHP/0.2.4
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

First I must thank you for providing this great add-on (though my children kept complaining that my pc is very user unfriendly).

After installing NoScript more than a year ago, I had not ever encountered any problem until recently. After upgrading NoScript a month or two ago ( I do not remember which upgrade ), I suddenly could not log in to my forum which has an http address and I have also put it into the whitelist and enabled 'All for this page'. Most frequently, when I clicked on the url of my forum, I'd get a Google error : 404 Not found or when I managed to get into the log on page, I'd get another Google error : 405 Method Not Allowed. Once in a blue moon, I could log in but would still encounter the above problems within the site when I clicked on to another section. Also I couldn't get beyond the registration page of Facebook and the same problem happened to quite a number of other sites too. I also get the error 405 on this page when I clicked on ' preview ' but the page loaded ok when I double-clicked it ( this ' double-clicking ' usually worked though not always ).

I had tried your advice addressed to VancouverSue on Apr 10, 2009
I'm a (very moderate, for test purpose only) Facebook user and it's working fine for me.
To be double sure your issues come from NoScript, please try to disable it from Tools|Add-ons|Extensions and restart your browser.
Should the problem persist with NoScript disabled, please try to re-enable it, restart your browser, use NoScript Options|Reset and then allow the sites which are not working.
but the problem still persists.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Belinda
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; ffco7) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8
CM

Post by CM »

If the problem persists with NS disabled and with a reset of the NS configuration, then it's probably not caused by NS.

Whatever, this post likely won't be noticed because the thread's been marked RESOLVED.
Start a new thread if you believe NS is still the problem.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
carpintonto

Post by carpintonto »

my post at support.mozilla.com

NoScript now updated to 1.9.1.9

Browser behavior still as describe there after updating NoScript from 1.9.1.6

I am able to pretty much browse where I want by toggling forbid/allow but never had to before.
It reminds me of double-clutch downshifting ..maybe I need some pedals.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032608 Firefox/3.0.8