Tabnagging fail?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
mrmeval

Tabnagging fail?

Post by mrmeval »

I went looking for information about tabnabbing and found a site that implements the attack.. It's an example site not a malware site.

I personally would like to see it disabled by default but you've done well in delaying it till the tab is clicked. Is it possible to maybe shade the tab red when they pull that crap?

I've set it to 3 to disable it. OK, this failed to work in that it flips trusted or untrusted when unfocused.

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100622 Fedora/3.6.4-1.fc13 Firefox/3.6.4
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Tabnagging fail?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

mrmeval wrote:I've set it to 3 to disable it. OK, this failed to work in that it flips trusted or untrusted when unfocused.
If the site uses JavaScript to morph itself when unfocused, the only defense you've got is keeping JavaScript disabled on it.
The "forbidBGRefresh" feature is meant to block the scriptless attack: that's why its default is "1" rather than "3", because blocking background refreshes on trusted sites is pointless since JavaScript has almost infinite ways to pull this attack without refreshing.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
mrmeval

Re: Tabnagging fail?

Post by mrmeval »

Drat! Thanks.
Giorgio Maone wrote:
mrmeval wrote:I've set it to 3 to disable it. OK, this failed to work in that it flips trusted or untrusted when unfocused.
If the site uses JavaScript to morph itself when unfocused, the only defense you've got is keeping JavaScript disabled on it.
The "forbidBGRefresh" feature is meant to block the scriptless attack: that's why its default is "1" rather than "3", because blocking background refreshes on trusted sites is pointless since JavaScript has almost infinite ways to pull this attack without refreshing.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100622 Fedora/3.6.4-1.fc13 Firefox/3.6.4