Problems with NoSript and Customize Google

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Roddy07

Problems with NoSript and Customize Google

Post by Roddy07 »

Hi everybody,

I have installed some Addons on my Firefox, but I have a little problem:
When I start NoSript (Ver. 1.9.9.18) in combination with Customize Google (Ver. 0.75) then it seems that my settings in Customize Google don't work.
For e.g. I blocked the Ads when using Google, but they are still there. Has anybody the same problems? Any ideas what i can do?

THX
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060808
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Problems with NoSript and Customize Google

Post by Alan Baxter »

Roddy07 wrote:Hi everybody,

I have installed some Addons on my Firefox, but I have a little problem:
When I start NoSript (Ver. 1.9.9.18) in combination with Customize Google (Ver. 0.75) then it seems that my settings in Customize Google don't work.
For e.g. I blocked the Ads when using Google, but they are still there. Has anybody the same problems? Any ideas what i can do?

THX
Replace Customize Google with its updated replacement, Optimize Google. Also update to the very latest version of NoScript, version 1.9.9.19. It's linked as the unofficial development build at http://noscript.net/getit#devel. Please report back how this works.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
Roddy07

Post by Roddy07 »

Hi Alan,

THX for your reply. I tested you recommendation about OptimizeGoogle but it doesn't work. There are still ads when I use Google...perhaps also the other things like click-tracking and the other stuff. I didn't installed the newest version of NoScript because its the Beta...
So what can I do now? Maybe an other way to make it work?

THX
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060808
al_9x
Master Bug Buster

Post by al_9x »

-mizeGoogle evidently injects javascipt into the google search results to remove ads. If you disable javascript in Fx (without NoScript) the ad removal will fail. Therefore it will also fail with NoScript unless you whitelist google.com. Not sure which other -mizeGoogle features need JS in the page itself, might be worth checking with the author.
Last edited by al_9x on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

Roddy07 wrote:I didn't installed the newest version of NoScript because its the Beta...
It's not beta. It just seems to say it is. :)
It really is the latest and greatest. Giorgio would like all support requests to be using the very latest build.
So what can I do now? Maybe an other way to make it work?
The ads are blocked for me. I suppose that's because I use Adblock Plus with the EasyList subscription. You could try that.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5