How to enable website buttons with NoScript?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
abrandt

How to enable website buttons with NoScript?

Post by abrandt »

Hello members:

ISSUE: I have recently noticed that buttons on FaceBook or elsewhere no longer function (clicking on them goes no where). :o

I did a search in this forum... but didn't find any thread addressing this issue.

QUESTION: How to fix?

Thanks much in advance for a prompt response.

Alan
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
therube
Ambassador

Re: How to enable website buttons with NoScript?

Post by therube »

What are "Facebook buttons"?
URL where this occurs?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6pre) Gecko/20091105 SeaMonkey/2.0.1pre
abrandt

Post by abrandt »

abrandt wrote:ISSUE: I have recently noticed that buttons on FaceBook or elsewhere no longer function (clicking on them goes no where). :o
I did a search in this forum... but didn't find any thread addressing this issue.
QUESTION: How to fix?
Thanks much in advance for a prompt response.

Alan
Hello therube:

1. FaceBook (FB) home page
2. Right-corner - REQUESTS - click on FRIEND REQUEST
3. click: CONFIRM - click on IGNORE
(does nothing)
4. URL where this occurs (my FB page): http://www.facebook.com/AlanBrandt

Now I just repeated the above procedure... clicked on IGNORE... and IT WORKED :lol: ... however 5-mins. earlier and yesterday... did (NOT work).

It looks like NOSCRIPT could be a FACTOR - this extension provides extra protection for Firefox... "prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even not known yet!) with no loss of functionality...."

Buttons on other websites are not working in Firefox occasionally as well.

Thanks much in advance for a potential fix,

Alan
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
computerfreaker

Post by computerfreaker »

Sounds like you haven't allowed Facebook to run any scripts. Go back to Facebook, right-click the NoScript icon, and select "Temporarily allow Facebook.com" or "Allow Facebook.com" - you might need to repeat for other sites FB uses. (Don't know myself, since I'm not a FB user)
With great power comes great responsibility.
Learn something new every day, and the rest will take care of itself.
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
Clyde36067

Post by Clyde36067 »

Nothing works besides disabling No Script thru ad-ons. Sometimes it will work when a user temp allows, sometimes it wont. Sometimes pages will loop, sometimes they wont. Most times the page does nothing when any button is clicked. I believe it's some sort of tag Facebook is using that is conflicting with FaceBook.

Here's basically what the code looks like on facebook.

Code: Select all

<div class="UIComposer_ButtonArea"id="c4b5b623690d2e57a4d41d_buttons"><ul class="UIComposer_Buttons"><li class="UIComposer_FormButtons"><span class="UIComposer_SubmitButton UIButton UIButton_Blue UIFormButton"><input value="Share" type="submit" class="UIButton_Text" onclick="
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
computerfreaker

Post by computerfreaker »

Clyde36067 wrote:Nothing works besides disabling No Script thru ad-ons. Sometimes it will work when a user temp allows, sometimes it wont. Sometimes pages will loop, sometimes they wont. Most times the page does nothing when any button is clicked. I believe it's some sort of tag Facebook is using that is conflicting with FaceBook.

Here's basically what the code looks like on facebook.

Code: Select all

<div class="UIComposer_ButtonArea"id="c4b5b623690d2e57a4d41d_buttons"><ul class="UIComposer_Buttons"><li class="UIComposer_FormButtons"><span class="UIComposer_SubmitButton UIButton UIButton_Blue UIFormButton"><input value="Share" type="submit" class="UIButton_Text" onclick="
Doesn't look like NoScript's responsible there - looks like a page isn't completely loading. The onclick is the JavaScript that's supposed to run when the button's clicked, but there's nothing there. Either you clipped that out before posting or the page didn't completely load, unless you have another addon that directly modifies the page source (e.g. Greasemonkey).
With great power comes great responsibility.
Learn something new every day, and the rest will take care of itself.
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
clyde4210

Post by clyde4210 »

I didn't add all the code. I was referring to the ID tag on the button itself. One of two things happen with no script running even though facebook is allowed. 1) does nothing. or 2) endless loops. I myself am not concerned with it as I didn't even know I had a facebook account till I got an email about "my profile security feature" changes on the site. My concern is it has me stumped and I would like to solve the issue to pass the info along to others who have the same issue.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)