[BUMP - WIN 7] Whitelist won't sync with Weave.

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Vordreller

[BUMP - WIN 7] Whitelist won't sync with Weave.

Post by Vordreller »

I'm running windows7 Professional on a new machine. I installed firefox and Weave 0.8pre2

I then installed Noscript, restarted and synced everything. The Whitelist was not updated.

I save my whitelist as a bookmark by the way.

Any ideas?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: [BUMP - WIN 7] Whitelist won't sync with Weave.

Post by Tom T. »

I'm sorry that you haven't received a response yet. I'm not familiar with Win 7, nor with the Weave extension, and so have flagged it for the attention of those troubleshooters who are. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: I noticed that you're using a pre-release version of Weave. The official release build is 0.7. Could you see if installing that version helps? Perhaps there is a bug in the pre-release version of Weave.

Let us know. Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
Vordreller

Post by Vordreller »

Tom T. wrote:I'm sorry that you haven't received a response yet. I'm not familiar with Win 7, nor with the Weave extension, and so have flagged it for the attention of those troubleshooters who are. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: I noticed that you're using a pre-release version of Weave. The official release build is 0.7. Could you see if installing that version helps? Perhaps there is a bug in the pre-release version of Weave.

Let us know. Thanks.
The thing is, now that I'm using 0.8pre2, 0.7 won't sync anymore. So it's either this or non at all.

Anyway, I can just allow the sites again, it's an easy process.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

It is not possible to uninstall 0.8pre2 completely and install 0.7 from scratch, as a clean install rather than an overwrite? ... as mentioned, I'm not familiar with that particular extension.

You could also create a second profile and install 0.7 in it, to see if it works.

You might also notify the Weave developers and see if they have any thoughts on the issue. Let us know if they do.

It's easy to allow things manually, but we'd still like to see you resolve the issue successfully. Thanks for your time.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
Vordreller

Post by Vordreller »

Tom T. wrote:It is not possible to uninstall 0.8pre2 completely and install 0.7 from scratch, as a clean install rather than an overwrite? ... as mentioned, I'm not familiar with that particular extension.
I've tried both options, neither work. I'll try and find out how to contact the Weave developers.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Vordreller wrote:
Tom T. wrote:It is not possible to uninstall 0.8pre2 completely and install 0.7 from scratch, as a clean install rather than an overwrite? ... as mentioned, I'm not familiar with that particular extension.
I've tried both options, neither work. I'll try and find out how to contact the Weave developers.
By "both options", do you mean that you tried creating a new profile with NoScript and Weave 0.7, and were unable to install them, or that you installed them, and 0.7 didn't work, either?

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Weave/FAQ
Is Weave incompatible with any other add-ons?
We've had reports of some incompatibilities between Weave and other add-ons. These include NoScript, Adblock, and Torbutton, at least (but there may be more we don't know about). We recommend you disable them, especially during the initial account creation, as they can interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA that Weave uses
There is a possibility to try. Disable NS during account creation (assuming you are dealing only with trusted sites during that creation) and see if it makes a difference.

Check open Weave bugs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cg ... lution=---

File a new bug report: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug. ... s%20Triage

Weave Discussion Forum: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla- ... ave/topics

Note that this is experimental sw:
Weave is a Mozilla Labs project to explore ways in which the browser can broker richer experiences on the Web, by integrating more closely with online services.
The first component of the Weave project to be available for testing is Weave Sync.
(emphasis mine)
The fact that there are reports of incompatibility with Adblock, by which they presumably mean Adblock Plus, as Adblock Original is not F3-compatible, indicates that the flaw is more likely to be in Weave, as Adblock Plus and NoScript have some details in common, to wit: blocking requests before they go to the network.

Let us know what you find. Good luck.
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

I just came to query whether or not NoScript would utilise Sync. Especially as Sync is going to be folded in Firefox in the upcoming second beta.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:2.0b2pre) Gecko/20100714 Minefield/4.0b2pre