Blocking and redirects

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
mconnors

Blocking and redirects

Post by mconnors »

In general, I love NoScript. Thank you!

Sometimes, though, I have problems with sites with lots of redirects. Here's a scenario:
- I am on a page which is fully Whitelisted.
- I perform an action (search or submit, for instance) which appears to go through redirects.
- The action fails (a script was blocked somewhere).
- The resulting page (could be the starting page, or an error page) is fully Whitelisted.

Problem
--> How do I find the sites of the scripts that were blocked in the middle? There are no URLs in the footer icon menu to "temporarily allow".

Assumption
--> I'm not missing something obvious.
--> It's not possible for NoScript to understand when a redirects is server driven.

Suggestion
--> Can NoScript build and show a list of scripts (and sites) blocked for a few recent pages? A sub-menu in the footer icon space would be GREAT!

Related Posts / Links
http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103
--> I don't know how to find the URLs which are being blocked.
http://noscript.net/faq#qa3_7
--> I don't like the idea of allowing all of yahoo.com - I'd like to be able to allow just the required scripts for Yahoo login.

Thanks,
MIke
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Blocking and redirects

Post by Giorgio Maone »

NoScript does collect script info across HTTP (30x) redirections for the reason you exposed.
However it does not track this info across META refreshes or script-driven reloads, because they're not guaranteed to succeed and they can be delayed by several seconds or minutes.
What's happening in your case is hard to tell without examining the actual site.
Anyway, if it's a meta-refresh, you may be helped by NoScript Options|Advanced|Untrusted|Forbid <META> redirections inside <NOSCRIPT> elements or by Firefox's built in Tools|Options|Accessibility|Warn me when web site tries to redirect or reload the page.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)