Cross-tab identity leak protection sometimes trips when using browser Back button?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
barbaz

Cross-tab identity leak protection sometimes trips when using browser Back button?

Post by barbaz »

Is anyone else who uses the Cross-tab identity leak protection finding that it sometimes trips when using the browser Back button? And that when this happens, sometimes the dialog says "information about your identity might be acquired by about:blank"?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find consistent steps to reproduce any of this, despite it happening to me repeatedly across multiple sites. But could this be intentional behavior?

NoScript 11.4.9rc1, Firefox 104.0 here.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
barbaz

Re: Cross-tab identity leak protection sometimes trips when using browser Back button?

Post by barbaz »

STR in my main profile (not sure how to reproduce in a clean profile yet):

1) visit e.g. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26774

2) click the link "Standard Diagnostic" in my post

3) use Back button to go back to the forum topic

4) use Developer Tools Inspector to set one of the links in Giorgio's signature to have target="_blank"

5) click the modified link

6) switch back to the forum tab, go forward to Standard Diagnostic page, then go back and cross-tab identity leak protection will trip.
-
fatboy

Re: Cross-tab identity leak protection sometimes trips when using browser Back button?

Post by fatboy »

Win 7, Fx 102.2.0 ESR, NS 11.4.9
Cannot be reproduced on either a clean profile or a used profile.
Cheked "Enabled everywhere".
Scripts forums.informaction.com, kb.mozillazine.org, maone.net, hackademix.net were allowed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SM/2.38 NS/2.9.0.12
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

The culprit in my main profile that makes the above STR trip this protection is an extension I have that's specific to this forum. If I disable that, the above STR no longer reproduce the issue.

Still no idea why Back button trips this protection on other sites, nor any clues about STR that don't involve this forum.
-