IMDb Plays Trailer Preview

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
trailerman

IMDb Plays Trailer Preview

Post by trailerman »

Even though i disabled media element, IMDb plays video preview. If i want to play the trailer, first i click to video. After that i can see noscript block video. I click on it and allow. I refresh the page and click play. This way i can watch the video. This is the example page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14174940/

What i wonder is that if it is a vulnerability or not.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0
barbaz

Re: IMDb Plays Trailer Preview

Post by barbaz »

I can confirm what you're describing, and AFAICT it's all expected behavior, I'm just not sure why a refresh is needed to see video (I get only the audio if I don't refresh the page)

What part of this do you think might be a vulnerability and why?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
trailerman

Post by trailerman »

barbaz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:13 pm I can confirm what you're describing, and AFAICT it's all expected behavior, I'm just not sure why a refresh is needed to see video (I get only the audio if I don't refresh the page)

What part of this do you think might be a vulnerability and why?
I mean, i block media element but it plays the video preview. i though it is also a video, so it plays video.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You block media elements in general, but you allowed that specific video.

When you do this...
trailerman wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:58 pm first i click to video. After that i can see noscript block video. I click on it and allow.
... it's not just allowed once for that specific load of the page, NoScript creates a permanent CUSTOM permission for the video. It will remain allowed until you change that manually in NoScript Options > Per-site Permissions.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
trailerman

Post by trailerman »

Sorry for my unclear explanation. I meant the IMDb plays the video preview by itself without interaction. If you want to watch all of them, you can click on it and the same procedure mentioned above. Isn't video preview also a video and media element? So, someone can craft malicious video and that preview would infect your PC or something like that maybe?
trailerman

Post by trailerman »

No one knows something about this? :o