[FIXED] NoScript breaking Chromium Browsers

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
ReveurGAM

Re: NoScript breaking Chromium Browsers

Post by ReveurGAM »

Thanks, Mr. Maone, for your hard work. Your extension is the best one I've found so far. It's easier to use than Disconnect, Ghostery and uBlock Origin, makes it easy to selectively allow things to unbreak site features, and is user-friendly in other ways. I was pretty surprised when Brave stopped working, but it's a good thing it happened while you're awake!

I'm posting instructions based on yours (post #21) to Malwarebytes and Bleeping Computer so people know what's up.

I assume that the listed errors will disappear soon?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.87 Safari/537.36
ldnpat

Post by ldnpat »

I registered just to say thank you to Giorgio.

Yes Chrome broke it today and yes it's a pain, but for the rest of the x years I have used NoScript it has been a blessing.

For some reason I can't make the load unpacked version work (Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'ownerDocument')), and I stupidly deleted the extension, so I'll wait for the Chrome Store version. In the meantime I simply switched to Firefox.

Once again thank you for this extension.

[UPDATE] I made it work by disabling "Collect errors", but notice that by deleting the extension I lost my whitelist. Oh well.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.99 Safari/537.36

Update - Re: NoScript breaking Chromium Browsers

Post by Guest »

JLJ not logged in wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:36 am Same: NoScript 11.2.16 won't let me load Facebook despite all known associated sites set to TRUSTED using Edge Chromium 97.0.1072.76
FB working only when NS is fully disabled.
Everything worked normally yesterday.
Just confirming that the temp fix provided, manually enable "Allow access to file URLs", does return function in Edge. THX to GM :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.99 Safari/537.36 Edg/97.0.1072.76
CanGuy

Post by CanGuy »

"At this moment the only way to have a working NoScript on Chromium browser is downloading .... ( chrome://extensions > Developer mode ON - Load unpacked)."

I followed the first set of instructions - downloading the zip file, unpacking it and installing it with"Load unpacked".
However, after installing the extension, the following error appeared:

"[NoScript] Cannot collect noscript activity data Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist."

I have already uninstalled the previous extension, so I cannot use the updated instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.99 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

CanGuy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:49 pm "[NoScript] Cannot collect noscript activity data Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist."
That error should be irrelevant: it just means as soon as you install NoScript tries to message the current tab, which is privileged content and cannot be accessed.
The extension should work normally nevertheless.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0
rustyburrito

Post by rustyburrito »

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seemed to fix it, remember to export your whitelist before deleting, then re-import it once you re-install.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.99 Safari/537.36
anonymousb

Post by anonymousb »

Doesn't work for me either was wondering why pages were blank. I noticed no script wasn't changing even if I allowed scripts. When I tried visiting the page for noscript in the chrome webstore I get a 404 error and it appears as if noscript has been removed for some reason. Perhaps this is why it isn't working?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.80 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

anonymousb wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:44 pm Doesn't work for me either was wondering why pages were blank. I noticed no script wasn't changing even if I allowed scripts. When I tried visiting the page for noscript in the chrome webstore I get a 404 error and it appears as if noscript has been removed for some reason.
Everything is answered in this previous post of mine.
Please read carefully before posting further about this issue.
If nothing applies there to your case, please open another topic. I'm closing this one for now.
Thank you everybody for your patience and support.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0