Is there a whitelist/blacklist available which I can download and use with Noscript

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
security_matters

Is there a whitelist/blacklist available which I can download and use with Noscript

Post by security_matters »

Is there a whitelist/blacklist available which I can download and use with Noscript instead of manually allowing scripts ?
Last edited by barbaz on Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shorten topic title
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0
barbaz

Re: Is there a whitelist/blacklist available which I can download and use with Noscript

Post by barbaz »

No, sorry. NoScript does not have support for that. If you want that, you would be best off limiting NoScript to XSS filtering and leaving permissions management to another addon that has that functionality. I'm not aware of any currently-maintained addon that has such option.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
security_matters

Re: Is there a whitelist/blacklist available which I can download and use with Noscript

barbaz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:37 pm No, sorry. NoScript does not have support for that. If you want that, you would be best off limiting NoScript to XSS filtering and leaving permissions management to another addon that has that functionality. I'm not aware of any currently-maintained addon that has such option.
Okay/Thanks
security_matters

barbaz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:37 pm No, sorry. NoScript does not have support for that. If you want that, you would be best off limiting NoScript to XSS filtering and leaving permissions management to another addon that has that functionality. I'm not aware of any currently-maintained addon that has such option.
If Noscript does not support that feature what is this option :

barbaz

Post by barbaz »

That does a full import of *all* NoScript settings from a file, overwriting everything. Its use is to either backup & restore your own config, or to send us your full NoScript config on request which we load in a test environment for troubleshooting.

To support a downloaded list for normal use would require some ability to merge and/or distinguish downloaded settings & user settings, NoScript Webext doesn't have anything like that.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Asphyx

Post by Asphyx »

@security_matters
For using external lists it should be possible:
- export all settings
- edit settings-file (merging per-site-settings)
- import all settings
These steps could be done automatically. I'm interested in this, too.
barbaz wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:07 am That does a full import of *all* NoScript settings from a file, overwriting everything.
Is it possible to access this function in the browser console (how)? Maybe, this could lead me a step further for deploying individual settings (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26439)
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
Asphyx

Post by Asphyx »

Hi,
I'd like to ask again, maybe Giorgio Maone, could you answer please?

Could you provide a (few) line(s) of code to run in the browser console to import a NoScript settings-file? Thanks in advance.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0