Manually Add XSS Exception [Worked Around]

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Mad_Man_Moon

Manually Add XSS Exception [Worked Around]

Post by Mad_Man_Moon »

Hi

I'm seeing errors occasionaly, on multiple sites where both entities are fully trusted, in the Browser Console from NoScript for on XSS stuff, however the XSS pop-up doesn't trigger.

I notice in the Advanced tab that there is a clear list of 'rules' for XSS allowances ... is there somewhere I can add to that? Maybe a text file? A sqlite DB I can add an entry to in DB Browser? I dunno ... I'd just like to force noscript to ignore XSS filtering ... or somehow temporarily disable it for certain sites for a few minutes.

It's quite rare, but it's just a bit of a pain.

This isn't a troubleshooting request for the errors, I'm just trying to see if there's some way that I can sort things out myself. :-)

MMM
Last edited by Mad_Man_Moon on Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0
barbaz

Re: Manually Add XSS Exception

Post by barbaz »

I asked about this in viewtopic.php?p=103587#p103587 but that conversation was never finished.

In the mean time, I suppose you could use NoScript Options > Export, edit the new XSS exception into the export file, then NoScript Options > Import the modified file. But that's probably also a bit of a pain. :|

More specifically though -
Mad_Man_Moon wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:07 pm I'm seeing errors occasionaly, on multiple sites where both entities are fully trusted, in the Browser Console from NoScript for on XSS stuff, however the XSS pop-up doesn't trigger.
I think this should never happen where you didn't previously selected "Always block" in an XSS prompt. Could you please share those Browser Console messages?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Mad_Man_Moon

Re: Manually Add XSS Exception

Post by Mad_Man_Moon »

Allo, mate.

Yeah, I'll see what I can do on the error, as I think I'm seeing it across the board (not just on fnarr sites ;-) ...) ... but I'll raise that as a thread separately.

Also ... thanks for that reminder, I'd not thought of that and will look in to doing that now as I do get a lot of times (even with my insane lists in a certain other add-on that I'm helping to test ;-) ...) that XSS doesn't trigger, and I need to add an exception either permanently or temporarily.

I realise it's perhaps edge case, as most users aren't that involved ... but some days I get to the stage where I'd love to have noscript open like a dev tools window on a second touch screen monitor. :lol: :oops: :lol:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0