Login page on allianzdirect.de not working

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
shad

Login page on allianzdirect.de not working

Post by shad »

Hello,

I'm using the newest version of the Firefox browser and am having trouble with a website.

allianzdirect.de is the website of an car insurance company. The home page works fine, but once I click at the button "Mein Account" in the top-right corner, I always land on allianzdirect.de/server-busy/ page stating there is a server error, but that's not correct, because it works just fine with any other browser or with Firefox without the NoScript extension. Even if I allow all scripts, it still doesn't work.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:94.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/94.0
barbaz

Re: Login page on allianzdirect.de not working

Post by barbaz »

How did you "allow all scripts"? Did you use "Disable restrictions for this tab" (or, if the login process forces multiple tabs to be involved, "Disable Restrictions Globally")? If not does that work?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
shad

Post by shad »

I had tried both: for this tab and globally - no difference.
With a different FF profile (clean, no extensions installed) it works and the login page loads on the same tab.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

You just need to explicitly set allianzdirect.com to TRUSTED.
I'm not sure why disabling restrictions for the tab does not suffice (I'm going to investigate it), but disabling restrictions globally definitely works for me consistently when I use a private window to be sure no cookie is set to "remember" I had scripts disabled.
Hope it helps.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0
shad

Post by shad »

I've deleted the relevant cookies and website data again, re-installed NoScript inbetween. Now disabling the restrictions for the tab seems to work (some additional cloudfront page appears in the list, unlike when the restrictions are enabled).

Now looking at the interface again, I'm not so sure anymore, if I tried "disable restrictions on this tab" or maybe "temporarily trust everything on this site" before. The latter doesn't work, so maybe I used this before... Although I would probably expect no restrictions to be active with this option either, by the sound of the description.

However, it seems to work now, if I disable restrictions for the tab, so probably no need to waste your time, unless there is a way to figure out, why that cloudfront page doesn't appear in the list to unblock like others, if the restrictions are enabled.

In case I mixed up the options earlier, sorry to have wasted your time :roll: