[Resolved] NoScript blocking scripts even though all sites are allowed

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
ptoye

[Resolved] NoScript blocking scripts even though all sites are allowed

Post by ptoye »

When connected to a site, it seems that NoScript is blocking a script. but all the sites listed by NoScript are allowed. The only way I can proceed is by disabling restrictions globally - not a good idea.
Is NoScript giving only a partial list of sites with scripts, and how can I get round this?
Peter
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:94.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/94.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: NoScript blocking scripts even though all sites are allowed

Post by Giorgio Maone »

It would be useful to know which the actual address of the page where this is happening on.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

That's a bit of a problem - the site is an authentication site for a credit card, and I don't want to buy anything else just yet! I access it by pressing the 'Pay' button on a vendor's site. I'll come back when I next buy anything using that credit card.
Peter
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Not sure if this is related or not, but I did recently run into NoScript giving only partial list of sites with scripts - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26455

ptoye, do you also have ServiceWorkers disabled?

EDIT
You might find it helpful for troubleshooting to use Netmon to find out everything that is blocked (although it can't tell you what's doing the blocking).
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

barbaz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm Not sure if this is related or not, but I did recently run into NoScript giving only partial list of sites with scripts - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26455

ptoye, do you also have ServiceWorkers disabled?

EDIT
You might find it helpful for troubleshooting to use Netmon to find out everything that is blocked (although it can't tell you what's doing the blocking).
Thanks barbaz. I had looked at that issue but couldn't work out what the poster was trying to say. I hadn't tried refreshing the page manually, I must admit, and until I get to the stage of buying something I can't try it out (see my comment to Georgio).

I don't know anything about Serviceworkers. about:serviceworkers says that there's one, but for a completely different site.

Thanks also for the pointer to NetMon - I'll look into it and probably install it.
Peter
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:50 am It would be useful to know which the actual address of the page where this is happening on.
I had a phone call today from John Lewis Financial Services who own the authentication page which seems to be the problem. I've given them the [email removed] address so you might get an email from them to sort the problem out. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for an excuse to buy something.
Last edited by barbaz on Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
Peter
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Removed the unobscured email address. This being a public forum, there are surely bad bots looking to harvest email addresses for spamming and other nefarious purposes.

Anyway what you posted is not Giorgio's email address. If you need to send Giorgio (semi-)private information that cannot be sent through forum PM, his email can be found at https://maone.net/
-
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

barbaz wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:24 pm Removed the unobscured email address. This being a public forum, there are surely bad bots looking to harvest email addresses for spamming and other nefarious purposes.
barbaz - that's exactly why I used the general support email which is easily available on the InformAction web site. The bots will have got there first. And gave the support team (which I assume includes Giorgio) to give them a heads-up.

Also, it wasn't me that needs to mail him, it's the IT support from the company which is putting up the web page (see my previous post).
Peter
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:50 am It would be useful to know which the actual address of the page where this is happening on.
The problem seems to have gone away. I tried again today and the transaction went through without any problems. I think their IT support had made a change and have now changed it back (without telling me, of course).
Peter
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Thanks for letting us know, good to hear it's back working for you. Image
-
ptoye

Post by ptoye »

barbaz wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:56 pm Thanks for letting us know, good to hear it's back working for you. Image
it may come back again!
Peter