Uncaught InternalError: too much recursion

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
phunsoft

Post by phunsoft »

I've been running Firefox with NoScript for long time without major issues. Now I'm facing a problem on a site which looks as if NoScript is causing the trouble. If I deactivate NoScript, all works fine. With NoScrip active, clicking on a "get as PDF" icon on that website does not do anyting. The website is a banking site and the domain is marked as permanently trusted in NoScript. This all used to work until very recently. I cannot tell whether the problem is caused by Firefox (Version 89.0.1 64-bit under Windows 10), by that website, or by NoScript (Version v 11.2.8).

The Firefox debugging colsole shows the following message when I click on that button:

Code: Select all

> modifyWindowOpenMethod moz-extension://b9ea6fd5-fbb7-4aec-bc50-3502f2dbd3bb/nscl/content/patchWindow.js:148
  modifyWindowOpenMethod moz-extension://b9ea6fd5-fbb7-4aec-bc50-3502f2dbd3bb/nscl/content/patchWindow.js:148
  modifyWindowOpenMethod moz-extension://b9ea6fd5-fbb7-4aec-bc50-3502f2dbd3bb/nscl/content/patchWindow.js:148
Does this message ring a bell with anyone? Any next steps to debug this problem?

TIA
Peter
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0
barbaz

Re: Uncaught InternalError: too much recursion

Post by barbaz »

I would suggest trying different versions of NoScript. First try latest development build. If that doesn't fix it please try old NoScript versions and let us know what is the latest working rc version.

Old NoScript @ https://noscript.net/feed?quantum&c=150&t=a (I'm not sure why some versions are duplicated and out of order in that link?)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
phunsoft

Post by phunsoft »

I've just installed the development build 11.2.9rc2, and this fixed the problem. Thanks a lot for the quick help.

Will that development automatically be replaced with the next final build once it is out, or do I have to remember to do that?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome.
phunsoft wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:36 pm Will that development automatically be replaced with the next final build once it is out, or do I have to remember to do that?
Yes and no. You will remain on the dev channel until you manually install a release version. But the dev build immediately preceding a release should be equal to that release.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-