NoSript on Edge

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Quest

NoSript on Edge

Post by Quest »

I happened to peek the Edge browser for a long time and noticed that NoScript there had version 11.2.4. I’ve installed it long ago from Google store where that seems to be the latest version now. Looks like NoScript updates itself on Edge but the version lags in the store. What’s up? How does the store version get updated? Should (or could) I install NoScript from here and then be up to date automatically?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:88.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: NoSript on Edge

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Unfortunately AFAIK there's nothing on Chrome as a "beta update channel", so installing a beta version is quite geeky and laborious and I must assume all the beta testing is done by myself. On Firefox, on the other hand, I can count on thousands of users which are willing auto-updated to the latest development build and can report bugs before they reach the masses with a stable release.
That's why the Chromium version can lag sometimes on its Firefox counterpart, since I release it on the Chrome Store only when 1) The changes are relevant to Chromium users and 2) I feel comfortable with the amount of real-usage testing I've given it myself.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0