Limit JS by domain

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Jason88

Limit JS by domain

Post by Jason88 »

It used to be that you could allow scripts from googleapis.com only on google.com, for example. Now it is no longer possible. If I allow scripts from googleapis.com on any domain they are allowed on all domains. I am curious about the reason noscript was crippled in this way. If I allow scripts from Google in my Gmail, I have to allow Google scripts from everywhere I ever go on the Internet. It almost completely defeats the purpose of noscript.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Limit JS by domain

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Jason88 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 pm It used to be that you could allow scripts from googleapis.com only on google.com, for example. Now it is no longer possible. If I allow scripts from googleapis.com on any domain they are allowed on all domains. I am curious about the reason noscript was crippled in this way. If I allow scripts from Google in my Gmail, I have to allow Google scripts from everywhere I ever go on the Internet. It almost completely defeats the purpose of noscript.
Contextual permissions have never been possible in "pure" NoScript, actually, but at a certain point there's been an ABE-based work-around.
Unfortunately ABE did not survive the Quantum rewrite (NoScript 5.x -> NoScript 10.x).
Anyway true contextual permissions (UI-based) are coming, likely before this summer.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0