[BUG FIXED] Can’t resize scaled file:// images

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Wally

[BUG FIXED] Can’t resize scaled file:// images

Post by Wally »

Hello all, first time user, so I hope I’m doing this right. I tried searching these forums (manually and with the searchbar) and couldn’t find anything about a suspected bug I found, so I’m posting it here:

I recently noticed an issue where any image file on my drive that’s opened in Firefox (file://), when large enough to be scaled down in the window, cannot be resized to its original size. Clicking on it (with the magnifying-glass cursor) has no effect, as if it’s frozen. I can zoom in and out using Ctrl+/-, but the image itself remains scaled (the “Scaled (xx%)” text in the title bar doesn’t change).
This affects all local image files (JPG, PNG, etc.), and only local image files – online images resize just fine.

I’ve confirmed this is caused by NoScript; the issue manifests when NoScript is the only add-on enabled (all others disabled), yet disappears when NoScript is the only add-on disabled (all others enabled).
This issue manifests in both the latest stable release, v11.0.46, as well as the latest listed dev version, v11.0.45rc5. I tried the recent dev builds, and the issue first appears in v11.0.45rc4; it’s not in v11.0.45rc3.

Please let me know if I’m missing something, or if you need any other info.
Last edited by Wally on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: [Bug?] Can’t resize scaled file:// images

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Please check latest development build, thanks:
v 11.0.47rc1
============================================================
x Fix browser UI for image, audio and video content being
partially broken on file:// URLs
x Normalize file:// directory paths on Firefox
x Allow browser UI scripts for file:// directory navigation
x Updated TLDs
x [L10n] Updated mk
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:82.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/82.0
Wally

Re: [BUG FIXED] Can’t resize scaled file:// images

Post by Wally »

Thanks for the reply. I tried to install it, but Firefox is preventing me from “installing an unverified add-on” – a problem I didn’t encounter with the other dev builds I tried previously. I’ve already applied the “xpinstall.signatures.required = False” tweak, but I guess that doesn’t work. Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: I just checked and saw there was a new dev build (v11.0.47rc2), and this one installed successfully. The file:// image resize issue is now fixed and works as it should. Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0