Mobile Firefox for Android - Beta/Release Candidate Installation

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
garyf

Mobile Firefox for Android - Beta/Release Candidate Installation

Post by garyf »

Since mobile Firefox for Android version 79.0.5 update, I could no longer install Beta or Release Candidate of add-ons. According to Help in Firefox, add-ons that were authorized and previously installed are automatically updated on this version. Is there a way to install Development build of NoScript on this version of 79.0.5?

- Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Mobile Firefox for Android - Beta/Release Candidate Installation

Post by Giorgio Maone »

I'm pretty sure there's no way to install or update a non AMO version, even of a "recommended" authorized extension, on newest Firefox for Android, and only way to test it is installing it as a temporary extension using webext and USB debugging.
But I'm asking the people in charge, just to be sure: https://twitter.com/ma1/status/1300843612255727618
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:80.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/80.0
garyf

Re: Mobile Firefox for Android - Beta/Release Candidate Installation

Post by garyf »

One thing I noticed was that uBlock Origin Release Candidate was already installed prior to the Firefox for Android version 79.0.5 update, and currently it automatically updated to a newer Release Candidate versions of this add-on. However, NoScript Final version 11.0.41 was also previously installed prior to Firefox for Android version 79.0.5 update, but despite having new Release Candidates versions, no automatic update has been going on for the succeeding Release Candidates, i.e., 11.0.42rc1 to 11.0.42rc5. So I guess if you have Beta or Release Candidate of an add-on installed prior to update to Firefox for Android 79.0.5, it will automatically update to a newer version (Beta or RC), but if you previously have a Final version of an add-on installed prior to update to 79.0.5, then it will automatically update itself to a newer Final version of such add-on. Correct me if I am wrong but according to Help, they will no longer support AMO either.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0