Issue with Sage chat page

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
pjk

Issue with Sage chat page

Post by pjk »

Using Vivaldi on either macOS or Windows, and NS 11.0.32.

Referring to this page (which redirects to another long, perhaps session-specific) URL at sage.com after opening):
sage.com/100contractorchat

By default, I have certain Google domains blocked and sage.com trusted. So when initially loading this page I see geolocation-db.com blocked, and googletagmanager.com blocked. By default I get a blank page, it doesn't even redirect.

If I allow the visibly blocked JS domains, the URL will eventually redirect to the final location and show a page, but the chat doesn't load, it shows the chat is not available. It works in another browser without script/ad/tracker blockers.

Turns out that the chat page also calls scripts in the mypurecloud.com and mypurecloud.ie domains, but these don't initially show as blocked scripts in NS for me to unblock. (I can't remember the sequence of events precisely, I was also using uBlock Origin and Ghostery, it's possible that after the redirect started working and after I did some unblocking there the mypurecloud domains showed up in NS, see below)

But even if it turns out that this may have had to do with one of my other blockers initially, I've seen this situation before on other pages, where a domain being called for JS is not visible in the NS UI. I assume it has to do with how scripts are nested on a page. Is there a general strategy for dealing with pages like this?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.119 Safari/537.36
therube
Ambassador

Re: Issue with Sage chat page

Post by therube »

I had to disable uBlock before those two showed up.

A guess, that this is similar to... well, I was thinking of this, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25859, but eh, it's probably different (but similar in concept, where you need to have allowed seemingly unrelated site(s) prior to the actual ones you're needing showing up).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.4