firefox doesn't connect anymore

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
diere

firefox doesn't connect anymore

Post by diere »

Firefox stopped connecting. Only when I disable the noscript extension does it connect again.

This is a Lenovo machine and I did an update to:
ThinkPad BIOS Update - 10 [64] - 1.29
Intel® SGX Device and Software (Windows 10 Version 1709 or later) - 10 [64] - 2.7.100.2

I didn't check Firefox right before the update but last time I used it (yesterday) it worked, so this may be related.

firefox : 75.0 (64-bits)
noscript: 11.0.23
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0
barbaz

Re: firefox doesn't connect anymore

Post by barbaz »

What do you mean by "connect"? Could you please be more detailed and specific about the problem?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Diere

Post by Diere »

with Firefox debugger:

on the main thread there is resource://gre/modules/ExtensionContent.jsm : Error: Incorrect contents fetched, please reload.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I'm not seeing that with NoScript 11.0.23, Firefox 75.0, new profile. Browser Toolbox and Browser Content Toolbox both connect fine leaving NoScript enabled.

Please create a clean profile from scratch. Install only NoScript latest development build, leaving all the defaults.
Does the problem still exist?
If not, what if you then import your NoScript settings into the clean profile using the Import and Export buttons in NoScript Options?
If that still doesn't reproduce the problem, it's not a NoScript issue... try Standard Diagnostic (leaving NoScript enabled) to isolate and correct the real cause.

EDIT Another troubleshooting step you could try is, completely quit Firefox, then start Firefox with -purgecaches command-line switch https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozi ... ne_Options

Let us know, thanks.
-
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

@defegge I split your post about webpages not loading to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25935 . The OP of this thread has an issue with Firefox browser devtools, not webpages.
-