Permanently disabliing noscript in given sites

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Israel_Marmol

Permanently disabliing noscript in given sites

Post by Israel_Marmol »

Hi there

I just reinstalled Firefox 74.0.1 and Noscript. I find that, even though I try to permanently disable noscript in pages I visit frequently and trust, I have to disable it every time I go back to the pages.

How do I get Noscript to remember that I want to disable all restrictions for El Pais (elpais.com) or Infocif (infocif.es) every time I get there?

I am disablign restrictions for this tab (second icon from the left) but if I close and open again the site, restrictions are again in place

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0
musonius
Master Bug Buster

Re: Permanently disabliing noscript in given sites

Post by musonius »

Currently, there is no way to permanently disable all restrictions for a given site and that site only. You can set all domains a site needs to work to TRUSTED which is permanent, however at the moment all domains you set to TRUSTED are globally set to TRUSTED for all sites.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0
Israel_Marmol

Post by Israel_Marmol »

If i undestand correctly, I can disable all restrictions globaly (first button to the left) for a site, elpais.com, which would include elpais.com but also include all other domains, such as go-mpulse.net or privacy-center.org but that would mean that when I came accross the same go-mpulse.net or privacy-center.org in elmundo.es, say, restrictions would be disabled for those two too wherever I went, right?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Disabling restrictions globally would allow EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, including allowing sites you marked as Untrusted. It completely turns off NoScript's permissions enforcement.

Sounds like you are seeking something like NoScript Classic's cascading permissions feature. NoScript Webext doesn't have that yet.

Disabling restrictions for the tab, and not visiting other sites in that tab, is probably the closest you can do atm.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-