Help blocking/allowing domains on certain situations

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
fearu

Help blocking/allowing domains on certain situations

Post by fearu »

Hi!

If I understand how Noscript works, we can choose what to do with certain domains forever or temporarily: allow or disallow scripts, but it is possible to do the following?

1. I want to allow scripts for a domain only if that domain is the domain of the website I'm seeing (i.e. it's on the url bar). Example: I'm on google.com and I want to allow scripts on this website, otherwise it works pretty badly, but I don't want to allow google.com to run scripts on every website I visit.

2. I want to allow all scripts embedded on a website, don't matter where those scripts come from, but I don't want to allow that domains to be whitelisted on any other website. Example: I go to somecoolwebsite.com (made up), which is a PITA to get working, so I want all scripts allowed when this domain is on the url bar, without adding those domains to the whitelist, so they would still be blocked if they appeared on another website.

3. Above scenarios, together with rules by url, not subdomain. i.e. I want to allow all scripts to be allowed when I visit Google Maps (like case 2). However, Google guys, being smartasses changed maps.google.com -> www.google.com/maps. However, I want to allow all scripts when I'm browsing Google Maps, NOT when I'm browsing every google website.

Are those possible nowadays? Could they be introduced in the future?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0
skriptimaahinen
Master Bug Buster

Re: Help blocking/allowing domains on certain situations

Post by skriptimaahinen »

1 & 2: Allowing domains per site basis is a planned feature in the next major overhaul. viewtopic.php?p=101356#p101356 Not sure if you can automatically allow everything for a site though.

3: This is possible but not through the popup. You need to manually find the paths for every script needed and add them through (NoScript Options -> Per-site Permissions).

https://www.google.com/maps is given in this case and covers all inline scripts in the page. For the rest you need to check the Console and search for lines starting with "Loading failed for the <script> with source".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
fearu

Re: Help blocking/allowing domains on certain situations

Post by fearu »

Oh, thanks! That redesign looks nice.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:74.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/74.0