Tor/TBB and Noscript, why doesn't it work right any more?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
yDoIHave2oArgueSW

Tor/TBB and Noscript, why doesn't it work right any more?

Post by yDoIHave2oArgueSW »

I love the fact that I didn't have to create a dummy account to post on this forum. I wish more forums would do that. I don't like the captcha, or the fact that it just expired 5 seconds into me typing this message.

I've been using NoScript since Firefox's versions were in the single digits, and started using Tor sometime in between. When Tor updated to QWuantum, it went stupid, constantly defaulting NoScript to allow all the stuff it's supposed to be blocking. I saw that a while ago, an option to override the FireFox setting was installed. I tried that, and finally upgraded from 8.x to whatever is current today, and Tor still reset the NoScript Extension. I also changed the setting to "Tor browser will remember history". It was at some other weird setting.

I used to consider Tor a more hardened browser, but if I can't even configure it the way I want, clearly it's not. Am I doing it wrong, or is it time to abandon the Tor Browser?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.12
yDoIHave2ArgueSW

Re: Tor/TBB and Noscript, why doesn't it work right any more?

Post by yDoIHave2ArgueSW »

Oh, I tried searching too. I found some fool on reddit who doesn't know how to use NoScript and therefore wants it the way the Tor people made it, a couple of posts on the Tor SE, and that's about it. DDG is failing as a search tool, and the forum search said "tor" was too generic of a term to search on.

Apologizes if it's explained betererererree somewhere else.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.12
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Tor/TBB and Noscript, why doesn't it work right any more?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Is your "Advanced>Override Tor Browser Security level" option still checked?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0