[Resolved] eversync not working with noscript in firefox

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
cybergrrl

[Resolved] eversync not working with noscript in firefox

Post by cybergrrl »

i think this is a recent problem because i have been using everync for many months along with noscript and have not had any issues. when i go to the eversync options in firefox (which i have to do each time i want to sync because for some reason i have to log in again every time i restart firefox), nothing shows up. i can see that it is trying to load the page and then it disappears. it is a moz-extension page. noscript is not actually doing anything on that page yet when i disable noscript, the page works again. i am not sure this is an issue with noscript and maybe i have to try an eversync forum? not sure how to figure out which one it is. this is not an issue in chrome. so possibly it is a firefox issue and i have to try a mozilla forum?

firefox version: 71.0b3 (64-bit)
chrome version: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

i do use other extensions too but the issue persists even with only noscript and eversync enabled.

If someone could help me untangle the issue, i would be very grateful :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0
skriptimaahinen
Master Bug Buster

Re: eversync not working with noscript in firefox

Post by skriptimaahinen »

It looks like the EverSyncs options page tries to load several external scripts from https://everhelper.me

NoScript does not block internal pages, but it does block external scripts. Unfortunately this does not show up in the popup.

If you trust https://everhelper.me, you could navigate to the page and allow it. That should fix the options page too.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mozillas policy that external scripts in WebExtensions is big no no?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
cybergrrl

Post by cybergrrl »

Thank you! that definitely looks like the kind of problem i am facing. unfortunately, allowing https://everhelper.me/ has not yet fixed the issue. How can i check what the login page is trying to load? i might have a slightly different version that tries to go to a variation of that page rather than this exact one?
cybergrrl

Post by cybergrrl »

a bit of trial and error goes a long way! i figured out it was ajax.googleapis.com that was causing the issue. my login is working again. thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! (i had to navigate to the everhelper login page. makes total sense when i think it through.)
cybergrrl

Post by cybergrrl »

is there a way to set this topic to "solved"? i am not registered so possibly not. but let me know if it is possible so it might help others to find this more easily :)
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

cybergrrl wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 am is there a way to set this topic to "solved"?
Done :)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-