I see checkmark in "Disable restrictions globally" - is this right?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
glnz

I see checkmark in "Disable restrictions globally" - is this right?

Post by glnz »

I love NoScript, but maybe I did something wrong?

-- I'm on Firefox 69.0.1 on Win 7 Pro 64-bit, with NoScript, Disconnect, Avast AV and other add-ons.

While struggling with some issues on the newly designed web pages of the NY Times (nytimes.com), I looked at NoScript Options, it shows me its "General" tab, and there is a checkmark in "Disable restrictions globally (dangerous)" - is this right?

So - I just UNchecked this, but I'm still having issues on the new web pages for nytimes.com.

It seems I have to permit doubleclick in both NoScript and Disconnect to see certain web pages completely. This was never the case before.

For example -- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... icans.html . "Read More" does not show the rest of this editorial unless I permit doubleclick in both NoScript and Disconnect. (I am a paying subscriber.)

1) Am I doing everything wrong?

2) [ edited out by barbaz - Seems glnz wanted to ask this question in a separate thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25750 ]

Last edited by barbaz on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: de-duplicate question
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0
barbaz

Re: I see checkmark in "Disable restrictions globally" - is this right?

Post by barbaz »

Edited out the portion you posted in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25750 . Please don't post multiple threads on the same question; see Forum Rules #8.
glnz wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 am  there is a checkmark in "Disable restrictions globally (dangerous)" - is this right?
That means NoScript script blocking is completely disabled, including not blocking Untrusted sites.
glnz wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 am It seems I have to permit doubleclick in both NoScript and Disconnect to see certain web pages completely. This was never the case before.
Is "before" only from when you were running NoScript Classic? Or does it include some time when you were using NoScript Webext?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
glnz

Re: I see checkmark in "Disable restrictions globally" - is this right?

Post by glnz »

Barbaz - "Before" was two days ago.

I don't know the difference between NoScript Classic and NoScript Webext. It's been on my Firefox for years and years - ten years? Longer?

My FF is now 69.0.1 on Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

And you and I are continuing our discussion about doubleclick at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25750

Thanks again.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0