Site demands I activate Javascript even when I use NoScript

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
lynslow

Site demands I activate Javascript even when I use NoScript

Post by lynslow »

Maybe I'm doing this wrong but:

A website that I have used frequently in the past now says: "Please enable Javascript in your web browser if you wish to browse and place an order." I have used NoScript to make the site secure, but that has not made a difference. When I try to log in to my account on that site, the information is not submitted; the screen remains unchanged no matter how often I click Login.

I am using the most recent version of Firefox. As I said above, I have logged in and used all parts of the site in the recent past, without any difficulty.

The Firefox user support is useless on this issue.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
barbaz

Re: Site demands I activate Javascript even when I use NoScript

Post by barbaz »

Removed the email address. We don't give email support, but this being a public forum there are surely bad bots looking to harvest email addresses for spamming and other nefarious purposes.

Also, remember to log in before posting so that you can use your chosen username and don't need to repeatedly solve the CAPTCHA. (I've fixed it for you this time)
lynslow wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:21 pm A website that I have used frequently in the past now says: "Please enable Javascript in your web browser if you wish to browse and place an order." I have used NoScript to make the site secure, but that has not made a difference.
So you added NoScript to your browser in attempt to fix this error? That's likely to make it worse. NoScript cannot allow scripts that are blocked elsewhere.
lynslow wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:21 pm The Firefox user support is useless on this issue.
If you say this because you tried there first and got nowhere, could you please post the link to the conversation?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-