[RESOLVED] NoScript config to block those set as Untrusted but allow everything else?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Russ

[RESOLVED] NoScript config to block those set as Untrusted but allow everything else?

Post by Russ »

I'm using NoScript with Firefox. I think I'm missing a simple setting or configuration. All I want to do is to allow everything by default, but have the ability to block specific scripts as needed.

In NoScripts settings, if I select "disable restrictions globally" all scripts are allowed to run, even those I have already marked as Untrusted.

If I select "enable restrictions globally", NoScript correctly blocks those scripts I have marked as Untrusted. However, it fails to load scripts on new domains for the first time - I have to manually go and set the permissions for each. I don't want to have to do this every time I visit a domain for the first time.

I'm sure this is just a simple error on my part. Is there a config I am missing that would allow me to just block scripts that I manually set as Untrusted, but allow everything else by default?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
barbaz

Re: NoScript config to block those set as Untrusted but allow everything else?

Post by barbaz »

NoScript Options > General, configure your Default preset same as your Trusted preset.

(By default, Trusted should have everything checked. Also, you might find this helpful - viewtopic.php?p=93552#p93552 )
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Russ

Post by Russ »

I see how it's configured now. All set.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-