[RESOLVED] Possible bug with Set All This Page To Temporary Trusted

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
diverjer

[RESOLVED] Possible bug with Set All This Page To Temporary Trusted

Post by diverjer »

I have a URL page that I can set All This Page To Temporary Trusted, yet none of the links will work or show when I mouse over them. If I turn Disable Restrictions Globally the links will show and all works.

This is not a big issue and I work around it, just thought I would pass it on. I was in IT for mainframes for almost 40 years and liked to know if something didn't work. Then again, it may be a user error. Just thought I would report what I found.

Below is the link for GIS mapping of Kansas counties. I should be able to click on a county name and it will open up a map for that county and I can look for land information. It works in Internet Explore and as I already mention above. I am using Windows 7 64 bit with latest updates and Firefox 65.0.2, NoScripts 10.2.1

https://www.kansasgis.org/orka/

Thanks for NoScripts, it is a great product.
Jerry
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
barbaz

Re: Possible bug with Set All This Page To Temporary Trusted

Post by barbaz »

Seems to work for me. Could you please be more specific about what's broken?

Meanwhile, couple things to check:

1) "Set all this page to Temp. Trusted" doesn't cover arcgisonline.com, because of this - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8309
(And in NoScript Classic I do need to allow arcgisonline.com.)

2) How have you configured your Default preset and Trusted preset?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
diverjer

Post by diverjer »

Problem is when I mouse over a county, it is suppose to display a URL to click on and then it goes to that county gis system. I do not get the URL to display when I mouse over the county name.

Disable restrictions for the tab, shows trusted for the following 3 and that is all I show 3, there are no others to trust or not to trust.

…kansasgis.org
…arcgis.com
…arcgisonline.com

I have left the Default and Trusted as loaded, have not changed any of that. I understand mainframes, but not sure of what exactly those mean.

Default- checked are object,media,frame,font,other
Trusted -checked are (script has a grayed check mark that can't be modified), and everything else is checked.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

diverjer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 pm Problem is when I mouse over a county, it is suppose to display a URL to click on and then it goes to that county gis system. I do not get the URL to display when I mouse over the county name.
To be clear, is this different from the popup element it shows when I left-click a county on the map?
diverjer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 pm not sure of what exactly those mean.
viewtopic.php?p=93552#p93552
diverjer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 pm Default- checked are object,media,frame,font,other
object, media, & font aren't checked by default.

Since you have fetch un-checked in Default, you need to set arcgisonline.com to (Temp.) Trusted.
-
diverjer

Post by diverjer »

barbac, I need to apologize. Should have tried this earlier, I restarted FF and ran CCleaner, now it is working find. Usually I always do that in addition to a reboot when something goes different than expected. The left click is what brings up the popup to select the URL.

Also, from what you say, I must have played with my settings for default. Will have to read up and see what those object, media and fonts are. Must have changed them long ago and haven't a clue why. I do play around with system stuff sometimes, that is why I take two images with Acronis each week. Sometimes I have to boot with recovery CD and rebuild.

I have now put those 3 mention earlier in as trusted sites and verified they are there, so shouldn't have to mess with any temporary settings for that site.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Glad you got it sorted. But do note that CCleaner is known to be dangerous to Firefox profiles. It's best to use Firefox's own methods of cleaning itself, and to set CCleaner to not clean any Firefox related stuff.
-
diverjer

Re: [RESOLVED] Possible bug with Set All This Page To Temporary Trusted

Post by diverjer »

Thanks for the info on CCleaner, the main reason I use it I can tell it which cookies I don't want deleted. When using CCleaner I have Cache, History, Cookies, download history, last download location checked. Sessions, site preferences, saved information, saved passwords, compact databases are unchecked.

Some sites use a method I don't think much of, but they set cookies with a 9999 year for expiring on computer you use at home. If those cookies are there when logging on its much quicker and easier. If the cookies are not there, you are forced into receiving a phone call and code to logon their site.

I go overboard of keeping stuff cleaned up, also use Microsoft Disk Clean each month.