Unable to signin to Reviewable.io using GitHub

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
mslusarz

Unable to signin to Reviewable.io using GitHub

Post by mslusarz »

Hello

On https://reviewable.io/ I set all JS to "TRUSTED". When I click "Sign in with GitHub" button (I'm logged in on GitHub), a popup window opens and after ~1 sec closes. Reviewable then tells me:
"Unable to sign in: A network error (such as timeout, interrupted connection or unreachable host) has occurred."
Turning restrictions for the current tab doesn't help. The only thing that helps is turning them off globally.

How do I find the domain from which the required JS is served?

Marcin
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Unable to signin to Reviewable.io using GitHub

Post by therube »

Any related message noted in FF Error Console?

-------

(Unrelated to the signin, but just what is that github "window" that opens?
As in is it an actual "window" or is it just some sort of html construct?

You can open a separate actual window with reviewable.io in it.
And from there, clicking the github login button, you get this "popup" window from github.com,
but is it it an actual window?

You can close the reviewable.io window, & the github.com "window" persists.

But if you open a new tab in that github.com "window", the tab does not open in that window, instead, opening in some other window.
That's odd, in my book. Scary.
Likewise, no NoScript icon in this github.com "window", so like you can't tell just what is going on there?

Behavior is different in an actual browser, SeaMonkey, rather then in Quantum.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5
mslusarz

Re: Unable to signin to Reviewable.io using GitHub

Post by mslusarz »

Ok, with a help from Reviewable dev I discovered that whitelisting googleapis.com helps (I had some subdomains of this one whitelisted, but Reviewable actually needed another subdomain).

I've managed to find this solution by forcing Web Workers into non-shared mode on Reviewable by adding ?debug=workers to the URL (it was suggested by Reviewable dev).

So I have 2 guesses. Either NoScript doesn't handle Web Workers correctly, or it doesn't show domains that were needed before redirect. If it's the latter, some kind of UI with past domains that were denied would help.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0