[Solved] Cannot access behance.net (designer portal)

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Calora

[Solved] Cannot access behance.net (designer portal)

Post by Calora »

Hello!
Is it just me because of some security settings, or can anyone confirm?
I haven't experienced anything like that before:

If I want to access the designer portal https://www.behance.net/, the latest Firefox with NS 10.1.9.6 constantly tries to load the page, the loading spinner in the browser tab continuously spinning, and the red number of scripts on the NoScript icon also constantly flashing on and off, but no page getting loaded. I have an individual setting with "script", "font" and "fetch" allowed for behance.net.

I have no idea if this is due to Firefox or NoScript or any of my settings.

Has anybody got an idea what may cause this behaviour or similar experiences with this or any other websites?

Thank you very much for any hints!
Calora

P.S.
I am based in central Europe, and the only similar complaints I found via Google came from India, but for reasons I cannot relate to in my case.

P.S.2
I currently am on Firefox 62.0, so my above statement of being on "the latest version" of Firefox is not correct. Just saw there is a newer version available, but I don't think this will make any difference. Will update immediately, though.

Just updated to FF 62.02, but the problem hasn't vanished, as expected.
Last edited by Calora on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Cannot access behance.net (designer portal)

Post by therube »

> https://www.behance.net/

Are you saying that page itself, or after you have logged in, or ?

Accessing that page itself, actually that should be, having the page display properly, is not an issue here (after having allowed behance.net).

Custom -> script, font, fetch, also works.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5
Calora

Post by Calora »

therube wrote:> https://www.behance.net/

Are you saying that page itself, or after you have logged in, or ?
Accessing that page itself, actually having the page display properly, is not an issue here (after having allowed behance.net).
Custom -> script, font, fetch, also works.
Thank you very much for your quick reply!
Yes, it's that page itself without having logged in.
Also any other sub page, as per my different bookmarks.
Thank you for even trying with my custom settings.

That's very mysterious, as I haven't any problems with any other site, but I encounter the same problem on an older computer of mine (only for testing purposes), so it cannot be due to my Windows 10 security settings either, which I thought of as another possible reason.
musonius
Master Bug Buster

Post by musonius »

I can see the problem even without NoScript. Deactivating Tracking Protection (I use the strict mode) helps.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Calora

Post by Calora »

musonius wrote:I can see the problem even without NoScript. Deactivating Tracking Protection (I use the strict mode) helps.
Thank you for your feedback! But the problem remains here even after deactivating tracking protection (cache and cookies cleared, FF restarted, all the same. Very strange.
Calora

Post by Calora »

Another thing I could think of is that Behance, just as in the case of the Indian users mentioned above, temporarily might be blocking requests by my provider Deutsche Telekom, but as there sure are plenty of Telekom users on that platform, there should be some reactions to be found via Google, if that was the case.
Calora

Post by Calora »

OK, problem solved :D
While the Behance page kept being white, I checked its source code, containing
help.behance.net/entries/45476840-Why-am-I-getting-logged-out-of-Behance-spontaneously
Even before going to that link (https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us/artic ... of-Behance), I had seen Adobe named in the source code, so tentatively allowed "fetch" for Adobe in NoScript, and behance.net started loading. :)
So you might have to adjust the Third-Party Cookie Settings in FF, or, as I did in this case, beforehand allow "fetch" for Adobe in NoScript (going to an adobe.com page before).
Thank you very much for your help!