Where is "Make page permissions permanent"?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
halobender

Where is "Make page permissions permanent"?

Post by halobender »

I'm trying out FF 62, and I have to say that I don't like the new look of NoScript but I'll manage. The real issue I have is that the old version have all the options available from the context menu, such as "Temporarily allow entire page" which allowed all but untrusted temporarily, and then you could "Make page permissions permanent" if you desired and it saved the settings.

That option doesn't exist. It was a great option. Now, I have to allow one-by-one in order for the permissions to stick. Or, am I missing something?

I'd also like to point out that "Disable restrictions for this tab" and "set all on this page to temp trusted" are the same thing. Why not 86 the tab option and swap it with "Make current permissions permanent"?

More options the better. Less options, the worse. If I'm one-by-one'ing the sits I want to allow but don't have bookmarked (which is also a option that is gone), I might as well just write them down and block them in my hosts file.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
barbaz

Re: Where is "Make page permissions permanent"?

Post by barbaz »

+1 for bringing back "Make page permissions permanent"
halobender wrote:I'd also like to point out that "Disable restrictions for this tab" and "set all on this page to temp trusted" are the same thing.
No they're not. "Disable restrictions for this tab" does what it says, i.e. completely disables permissions enforcing for the tab. "Set all on this page to temp trusted" only temporarily trusts the sites listed in the NoScript popup with DEFAULT permission, and it's not limited to that tab. See https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... f=7&t=8309 for more info.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-