Permission given to window object

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
aandrews

Permission given to window object

Post by aandrews »

Greetings,

Is there a way to give the same permissions a webpage is given to a new user-initiated pop-up window. Can permissions be inherited, basically. An example: www.allclassical.org If you click on "Listen", a js method opens a new window, but the player won't function unless you kill NoScript and reload the page, a borderline-big-flippin' deal! Is there a more elegant solution?

Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Permission given to window object

Post by therube »

If there were ABE... but there is not.

Not sure why you need to "kill" anything?
If you allow allclassical.org, then separately, in the popup window, you need to allow streamguys.com.
(I don't see anything more needed [looking at things from NoScript 5.)

http://www.wbjc.com/ is the classical radio voice of Baltimore City Community College.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5
aandrews

Post by aandrews »

Thanks for responding.

By "kill" I meant disable NoScript. Then reload the popup window and it functions normally, then re-enable NoScript.

I don't see streamguys.com in the list. I'm not sure which version of NoScript I'm running; I assume the latest.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't recall having this problem with my previous version of Firefox (54 or something). I "installed" (there's a story) the very latest (62.2 Quantum) and I kinda think it started then. Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I tested with NoScript latest development build in Firefox 62.0. Clicking Listen takes me to https://player.allclassical.org/, where I see this in the NoScript popup -

Code: Select all

…allclassical.org
…cloudflare.com
…google-analytics.com
…streamguys.com
Setting allclassical.org and streamguys.org to Temp. TRUSTED gets the stream to play.

If you aren't seeing what I'm seeing, you could try manually setting those two sites to TRUSTED in NoScript Options > Per-site Permissions
(If you want to be more fine-grained, you could set allclassical-ice.streamguys.com to TRUSTED, instead of just all of streamguys.com)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-