Constant XSS Warnings

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
MK

Constant XSS Warnings

Post by MK »

Frequently on websites, I am constantly prompted by NoScript's XSS Warning pop window. It's frequently alerting me that a document request from <numerical subdomain>.fls.doubleclick.net is trying to redirect to adservice.google.com. The doubleclick sites always start with a numerical subdomain.

I have tried finding a way to just block anything from doubleclick to google and stop alerting me about it, but I cannot find a feature like this. I've also tried following the FAQ (https://noscript.net/faq#qa4_3) to just turn off XSS notifications completely, but what the FAQ states doesn't exist. It says go to NoScript Options, then Notifications, then XSS preferences. There is no Notifications section, and certainly no XSS preferences.

I feel like I have clicked over a thousand times with these XSS warnings. Is there a way I can globally block doubleclick and/or stop being alerted to this?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
barbaz

Re: Constant XSS Warnings

Post by barbaz »

What script permission do you have set for doubleclick.net?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
MK

Post by MK »

If look in the Per-Site Permissions, I do not see doubleclick.net listed. Should I manually add it, then set it to block here?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You could try manually adding it and setting it to Untrusted. But first, how do you have the Default preset configured?
-
MK

Post by MK »

Sorry for the late response getting back to you. This is my work PC, and I was out over the weekend.

I manually added doubleclick.net and set it to Untrusted; I'll see how that goes.

When you ask about the "default preset", do you mean on the first General tab options? I haven't made any changes here, so it's the default that it installs at, which is allow the following:
script, object, media, frame, font, webgl, other. That seems like a lot for Default, but that's how it is. Do you think I should change this?

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

MK wrote:When you ask about the "default preset", do you mean on the first General tab options?
Yes that one.
MK wrote:I haven't made any changes here, so it's the default that it installs at, which is allow the following:
script, object, media, frame, font, webgl, other. That seems like a lot for Default, but that's how it is. Do you think I should change this?
There's your problem. That is certainly *not* the default for Default!
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 387#p93387

See https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 552#p93552 for explanation of what the checkboxes mean.
-
MK

Post by MK »

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'll make the changes to the Default as it stated in the other thread you mentioned.

I don't know how any of this might have changed. I'm just now finding these options for the first time, and I did make any changes knowingly.

Hopefully this works, and thanks again for your help and guidance!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image

Please let us know the results, thanks.
-