firefox windows with no headers => can't configure noscript

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
GaryAitken

firefox windows with no headers => can't configure noscript

Post by GaryAitken »

After logging on to proxyvote.com, one can often click on a link to view the proxy statement. This is almost always a .pdf, although the site serving it varies widely. Frequently, one of two things happens:
1. The link wants me to download a newer version of adobe-reader. I can't (and wouldn't if I could) use that or any other version of adobe-reader, so I'm sol there. I'll just vote no on all the directors and what they want because they can't provide decent access to their proxy statement.
2. The link pops up a new window without a header. Consequently, there is no no-script button and I can't change any permissions. Is there a way around this?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: firefox windows with no headers => can't configure noscr

Post by Giorgio Maone »

GaryAitken wrote: 2. The link pops up a new window without a header. Consequently, there is no no-script button and I can't change any permissions. Is there a way around this?
Either use the context-menu right clicking on the page or the shortcut Alt+Shift+N.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

The website gets to decide if the (pdf) is opened "in the browser" or if a download is forced.
For those that open "in the browser", FF should be able to handle that by default.
Or you could disable FF's pdf viewer, & if you had no other, you should then be prompted to save the pdf.
If you did have Adobe Reader (10, in my case), oh, wait, you can't have Adobe Reader (or any "reader") any longer, can you, as a plugin in FF Quantum?
Well for browser that still allow plugins, you can set the plugin to prompt first, at which point you can right-click the placeholder & save the pdf. (Or is it NoScript 5.x that allows that?)

(Anyhow, my last interaction with, actually all interactions with, proxyvote & SeaMonkey & Adobe Reader 10 all worked fine.)
2. The link pops up a new window without a header. Consequently, there is no no-script button and I can't change any permissions. Is there a way around this?
Ctrl+I (in SeaMonkey, FF may be different?) brings up 'Page Information' contains the URL of the page (assuming it is actually a "page", & not some kind of html5 "popup junk") that you should be able to copy & open in a new window, or save (if its a link to a pdf...).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.3 Lightning/5.4
GaryAitken

Post by GaryAitken »

>> 2. The link pops up a new window without a header. Consequently, there is no no-script button and I can't change any permissions. Is there a way around this?

> Ctrl+I (in SeaMonkey, FF may be different?) brings up 'Page Information' contains the URL of the page (assuming it is actually a "page", & not some kind of html5 "popup junk") that you should be able to copy & open in a new window, or save (if its a link to a pdf...).

Thanks, that's what I needed.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; FreeBSD amd64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0