Some questions

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Quest

Some questions

Post by Quest »

There is not so much happening here so I dare to ask some questions that have bothered me lately.
I can live with these, but I’m just wondering.

1. There are two RC versions 10.1.7rc and 10.1.6.6rc and “official version”
10.1.6.5. What does this mean? Are there two RC-channels? Is version 10.1.6.6 coming and without 10.1.7 rc properties?

2. Up on Firefox’s address box there is a little circle with letter i in it.
When I go to NoScript options page, a point appears on that circle.
What is its meaning? I remember seeing it on ordinary pages too so it’s not only about about: or extensions.

3. Pressing that above info circle (when on Option page) I get information about privileges I’ve given to NoScript. What if I disable that permission to write? I suppose settings are not saved anymore, but if I don’t want permanent setting changes so badly?
And are those the only permissions? (I know this is discussed before, but what is the current situation?)

4. As time goes by I have set more and more page to custom with almost exclusive only Scripts allowed. I have not seen much difference. This customization is quite tedious and I’ve begun to think if there’s any sense in it.
Are there any security benefits when I allow only Scripts compared that I allowed everything (ie. set TRUSTED)?

5. Mostly I have allowed (sripts on) only top-level sites (http(s)://…).
What’s the difference between this and the
“Temporarily set top-level sites to TRUSTED” –setting?
And what the … does that “Temporarily” mean there?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0