[RESOLVED] NoScript, Firefox, and Bing.com

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
MattofBum

[RESOLVED] NoScript, Firefox, and Bing.com

Post by MattofBum »

I'm using NoScript 10.1.6.3 on Firefox Developer 58.0b15 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

For some reason, I'm having trouble getting NoScript and Bing.com to work together. To get Bing to work, I have to either globally allow Javascript or disable NoScript. While on the www.bing.com, the NoScript icon shows the number 6. When I click on the icon, the only domain listed is bing.com and it is set to trusted. I'm wondering if NoScript isn't showing me all of the domains for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
Pansa

Re: NoScript, Firefox, and Bing.com

Post by Pansa »

MattofBum wrote:I'm using NoScript 10.1.6.3 on Firefox Developer 58.0b15 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

For some reason, I'm having trouble getting NoScript and Bing.com to work together. To get Bing to work, I have to either globally allow Javascript or disable NoScript. While on the www.bing.com, the NoScript icon shows the number 6. When I click on the icon, the only domain listed is bing.com and it is set to trusted. I'm wondering if NoScript isn't showing me all of the domains for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas?
The number represents the amount of scripts, not the number of script sources.
In this case *.bing.com is running 6 scripts.

You might want to check the debug output at the bottom of the options page whether "trusted" actually has all the capabilities defined by the check marks at the top.

Since it is a redlock ...bing.com rule, but bing uses https, I assume this isn't a fresh install but rules imported from a pre NS10 Firefox profile with NS5?
Possibly something went awry during that update.

Bing works fine for me with just ...bing.com allowed with the greenlock "https only" rule. So unless the trusted settings are borked what you show in that screen should have worked, too.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
MattofBum

Re: NoScript, Firefox, and Bing.com

Post by MattofBum »

Thanks for directing me to my settings. I came to realize that my Default was to allow everything for some reason. Must've been something funky during the upgrade. To get Bing to work, I had to enable objects on the site. Thanks again.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0