NS 10 permissions and resenttings

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Quest

NS 10 permissions and resenttings

Post by Quest »

I have a computer that I rarely use but happened to do so now. There was FF 57.01 installed and NoScript 5 then removed. So I installed Noscript 10 from Mozilla’s site. Some questions arose:

1. As far as I noticed, Firefox asked no permissions (other than to install).
When I earlier installed NS 10.1.6.rc1 (manually from NS-site on another computer) it asked all those writing etc. permissions as it did before which I believed was not necessary anymore.

What is the situation of those permissions now? If I once have given all might to NoScript, are they still left somewhere in Firefox’s settings?

2. NoScript settings were quite messy. Default had everything else but Object allowed. On Whitelist there were only red locks. As I said I rarely used the computer and Firefox still less there. I can’t remember If I ever changed NoScript settings on that computer. But obviously I have done something weird.

Should somewhere be a strong advise to first reset Noscript 10? I believe that most of the problems considered here are caused from old NS settings that are somehow corrupted. Of course then the old whitelist vanishes, but I don’t think that rebuilding whitelist is a bad idea either.

Another question is what resetting does. Does it do anything else but set Global presets and clear whitelist?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0