Undo object allow

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Kim

Undo object allow

Post by Kim »

Is there any way to undo an object allow?

Here's an example to illustrate the point:
1. Configure NoScript to to block all flash objects, and display a placeholder.
2. Visit a page with many different flash objects, some of which are essential site navigation, while others are ads. These all display as place holders so you don't know what they are until they are clicked on.
3. Click on flash place holder to see what it is, which reveals an annoying, flashing ad.

How can I undo step 3 - the allow of the ad - ie go back to blocking the ad?
I know there is "Revoke Temporary Permissions", but often I don't want to block all temporary allows - just the last one.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032711 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.8
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Undo object allow

Post by Tom T. »

Please see this thread for some ideas and discussion on the topic. GL.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
Charley M

Post by Charley M »

Kim wrote:Is there any way to undo an object allow?
How can I undo step 3 - the allow of the ad - ie go back to blocking the ad?
I know there is "Revoke Temporary Permissions", but often I don't want to block all temporary allows - just the last one.
No way that I know of to do this in NoScript.
But have you read the features section on the noscript.net pages?

"Middle clicking on a Java/Silverlight/Flash/Plugin object placeholder opens it in a window of its own.
Right clicking on a Java/Silverlight/Flash/Plugin object placeholder opens the context menu for links, allowing you to save the content with Save Link As....
Holding down the Shift key and clicking on a Java/Silverlight/Flash/Plugin object placeholder temporarily hides it.

You can also use the Blocked Objects menu to find out which plugin content instances you're blocking even if their placeholder is not easily visible, and/or enable them individually, per site or per type. "

So you could open an object you want to preview in another tab, and ignore it if you decide you don't want it.
Hope this helps.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032711 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.8
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Reloading the page would reset (all of the) placemarkers.

You could selectively zap elements if they are a bother, http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?p=696#p696.

Other extensions may "permanently" filter certain objects, so once identified, they may be blocked. (AdblockPlus among others <names escape me> may help.)

(Oops. I see Tom already pointed to my linked thread.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre) Gecko/20090327 Firefox/2.0 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre