Automatically reloading pages on NS10

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
guest duder

Automatically reloading pages on NS10

Post by guest duder »

Did NS10 remove the option to not auto-reload pages on permission changes or am I just too stupid to find the option? I found disabling the automatic reloads to be much more convenient for my workflow so I always used that, this change is really throwing me off.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Re: Automatically reloading pages on NS10

Post by Pansa »

It doesn't auto reload on the individual permission change, but it does after clicking outside the frame after changing all permissions in one go.
It's less that it was removed, it just wasn't reimplemented yet (that might sound argumentative, but the of how Mozilla does "addons" now basically forced a full rewrite)

It does not reload other tabs any more as it used to, but there is no option to turn off the reload. (on the other hand the number of people complaining when it didn't even do that, and complaining that it doesn't auto reload all of them at once is quite a lot higher)

So maybe that option is coming back in the future, but I can't think it's a priority; for most users the reload after changing is something that just follows from changing the permission in the first place.
Floe

Post by Floe »

I hope the option to turn this off comes back sooner rather than later. It was indeed easier to use NoScript when you could do your reloads at your convenience.
Haggis

Post by Haggis »

I've been used to "reload on demand" from the previous versions and I found out the hard way that NS now reloads automatically (though it's nice that you can do a bulk change and it does that only after you close the settings)... when a reload destroyed the data I had in the input forms on the page.

Loss of typed-in data is unacceptable.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Haggis

Post by Haggis »

Also, FAQ is outdated - https://noscript.net/faq#qa5_2 and even worse, the settings it mentions:

Code: Select all

noscript.autoReload
enables/disables autoreload for any action

Code: Select all

noscript.autoReload.allTabs
if set to false, only the current tab is reloaded
Are both set to false (I migrated from older FF, dunno if that's a remainder of settings and thus ignored or just ignored).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0