Certain sites still blocked after setting them to "trusted"?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post

Certain sites still blocked after setting them to "trusted"?

Post by Guest »

Hello, I am having trouble getting some sites to work properly right now. The "chat" for Twitch.tv streams and the Discord website do not load at all. I set the sites to "trusted" in the noscript UI but still nothing.

I get this message in the console: Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv/ and Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://gateway.discord.gg/?encoding=json&v=6&compress=zlib-stream.

I also tried to set all the sites to "custom" and allow everything, but still the chat and the whole discord web page will not load.

Is there anything you can suggest to fix this?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Re: Certain sites still blocked after setting them to "trust

Post by Guest »

Yeah it's not saving anything anymore. What a mess this has become.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0

Post by Guest »

I tried disabling all my extensions (3 total: Noscript, adblock, Ghostery) and now the sites are working correctly.

After some testing I found that Ghostery is the problem here.

There may be something wrong with the interactions of having multiple extensions that block certain things in webpages.

Post by Guest »

Well I don't have Ghostery. I have uBlock Origin and I'm not disabling that in favor of a broken down NoScript.
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

Guest wrote:Yeah it's not saving anything anymore. What a mess this has become.
I hate to tell you but NoScript is saving settings properly. If they are not getting saved in your system, is because you are doing something wrong. Or, perhaps an addon is conflicting with NoScript. It can happen.
Guest wrote:Well I don't have Ghostery. I have uBlock Origin and I'm not disabling that in favor of a broken down NoScript.
Personally, I have NoScript. its working very well. I block ads (most) with NoScript so I dont need UBO. But if I had it, I would test uninstalling UBO to see if NoScript works better in your system. For NoScript 10 to be as new as it is right now, it is working very well and certainly not broken.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

bo elam wrote:
Guest wrote:Yeah it's not saving anything anymore. What a mess this has become.
I hate to tell you but NoScript is saving settings properly. If they are not getting saved in your system, is because you are doing something wrong. Or, perhaps an addon is conflicting with NoScript. It can happen.
Guest wrote:Well I don't have Ghostery. I have uBlock Origin and I'm not disabling that in favor of a broken down NoScript.
Personally, I have NoScript. its working very well. I block ads (most) with NoScript so I dont need UBO. But if I had it, I would test uninstalling UBO to see if NoScript works better in your system. For NoScript 10 to be as new as it is right now, it is working very well and certainly not broken.

Bo
I hate to tell you but no, it's not something I'm doing. Even with every other add-on disabled NoScript does not save settings or import any.
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

Guest wrote:I hate to tell you but no, it's not something I'm doing. Even with every other add-on disabled NoScript does not save settings or import any.
Guest, let me make a suggestion. Try a new Firefox profile just for testing. After you create it, install NoScript and test to see what happens.

Your NoScript settings might be corrupted, testing with a new profile is one way to find out. If all works well with the new profile, then you know. There are different things you can do to fix it. You should be able to save or import settings, I am doing it with no issue whatsoever. And believe me, I would know right away if there was a problem with doing it.

In my personal case (W10 and W7), I havent experienced that issue but I did experience something else and by testing with a new profile, I concluded that my problem was that in one of my computers, settings got corrupted when I updated Firefox to Firefox 57 and NoScript imported settings from version 5 as it updated automatically. And then I did something about it, and fixed my problem. It was easy. Give it a try.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

bo elam wrote:
Guest wrote:I hate to tell you but no, it's not something I'm doing. Even with every other add-on disabled NoScript does not save settings or import any.
Guest, let me make a suggestion. Try a new Firefox profile just for testing. After you create it, install NoScript and test to see what happens.

Your NoScript settings might be corrupted, testing with a new profile is one way to find out. If all works well with the new profile, then you know. There are different things you can do to fix it. You should be able to save or import settings, I am doing it with no issue whatsoever. And believe me, I would know right away if there was a problem with doing it.

In my personal case (W10 and W7), I havent experienced that issue but I did experience something else and by testing with a new profile, I concluded that my problem was that in one of my computers, settings got corrupted when I updated Firefox to Firefox 57 and NoScript imported settings from version 5 as it updated automatically. And then I did something about it, and fixed my problem. It was easy. Give it a try.

Bo
Unfortunately that didn't work either.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Guest, you appear to be using Firefox Nightly. Please try Bo's suggestion under Firefox 57. Does it work?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

Guest wrote:Is there anything you can suggest to fix this?
Start off simple: When you are setting these sites to Trusted, is the clock on the tab expanded or contracted? If it is expanded then that is indicating a TEMPORARY allow. Click the clock again to contract it and it will permanently remain trusted and show up in the NS preferences/master page across sessions.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

barbaz wrote:Guest, you appear to be using Firefox Nightly. Please try Bo's suggestion under Firefox 57. Does it work?
I made the attempt in both Nightly and 57. When it didn't work in Nightly I assumed it must be because Nightly is more experimental but it didn't work in 57 either.
KT66

Post by KT66 »

I'm having the same problem. Sites which I've used regularly prior to the Firefox 57 and NoScript updates now have content missing and/or don't function properly. Regretfully, I'm getting close to ditching both Firefox and NoScript.

Post by Guest »

8-bit wrote:
Start off simple: When you are setting these sites to Trusted, is the clock on the tab expanded or contracted? If it is expanded then that is indicating a TEMPORARY allow. Click the clock again to contract it and it will permanently remain trusted and show up in the NS preferences/master page across sessions.
This works!

I had the same problem with gmail. There were always a few sites noscript seemed to forget every time I started a new session. It caused gmail to not let me press the buttons to log me in.

Now I took another look at the "clock" and it indeed is so that noscript makes it automatically temporary by default instead of it being an option.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0

Post by Guest »

8-bit wrote:
This did work however the import option changes nothing at all. It says it's compatible with imports from previous NoScript versions but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone else test this?
eelgheez

Post by eelgheez »

The size of the user control that distinguishes between permanent and temporary permission looks so minuscule that I did not notice it until finding this thread. The difference between this control enabled and disabled also appears visually negligent. I do not understand why the plugin allows enabling permissions only temporarily by default. The entire picturesque user interface seems cute but unusual. Why not comply with UI guidelines or use standard UIs?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0