NoScript & Tracking Cookies

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
phule

NoScript & Tracking Cookies

Post by phule »

Can NoScript block tracking cookies and if so, how? They seem to be issued by sites with different domain names than the names of the cookies.

Using the application MacScan for the last five weeks, I've identified 8. But the most persistent offenders are as follows:

rotator.adjuggler.com
www.burstnet.com
data.coremetrics.com

I know that adjuggler.com is in my blacklist but it doesn't seem to be blocking rotator.adjuggler.com

Any idea or suggestions are welcomed. TIA

PS. Following is the complete list of tracking cookies:

ads.adap.tv
ads.realtechnetwork.net
data.coremetrics.com
metrics.mms.mavenapps.net
rotator.adjuggler.com
server.iad.liverperson.net
www.burstnet.com
www.googleadservices.com
Phule
FireFox 56.0,NoScript 5.1.2, BetterPrivacy-1.77
Adblock Plus 2.9.1. Mac OS X 10.12.5
Apple iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
Foam Head

Re: NoScript & Tracking Cookies

Post by Foam Head »

NoScript isn't meant to manage HTTP Cookies and thus it doesn't stop the generic tracking cookies you mentioned. However, since it can be a security risk to allow HTTP access to HTTPS cookies, NoScript has an option to help prevent this kind of cookie hijacking (see FAQ Questions 6.4).

If you are concerned about tracking cookies, you can uncheck FireFox's Options | Privacy | Accept third-party cookies (which helps, but won't eliminate them), use an after the fact cleaner (like Ad-Aware), or use a FireFox cookie manager add-on.

-Foam
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
phule

Re: NoScript & Tracking Cookies

Post by phule »

Foam Head wrote:NoScript isn't meant to manage HTTP Cookies and thus it doesn't stop the generic tracking cookies you mentioned. However, since it can be a security risk to allow HTTP access to HTTPS cookies, NoScript has an option to help prevent this kind of cookie hijacking (see FAQ Questions 6.4).

If you are concerned about tracking cookies, you can uncheck FireFox's Options | Privacy | Accept third-party cookies (which helps, but won't eliminate them), use an after the fact cleaner (like Ad-Aware), or use a FireFox cookie manager add-on.

-Foam
Nuts! But thanks for the reply anyway.
Phule
FireFox 56.0,NoScript 5.1.2, BetterPrivacy-1.77
Adblock Plus 2.9.1. Mac OS X 10.12.5
Apple iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2