Default setting has some checkboxes checked

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
FranL

Default setting has some checkboxes checked

Post by FranL »

I see some checkboxes checked when the slider is in the default (leftmost) position:

I unchecked them, and they seem to have stayed unchecked in every slider's default position.

I would expect that the default position checkboxes should normally ALL be unchecked, so as to block everything by default. Is that so?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Re: Default setting has some checkboxes checked

Post by Pansa »

FranL wrote:I see some checkboxes checked when the slider is in the default (leftmost) position:

I unchecked them, and they seem to have stayed unchecked in every slider's default position.

I would expect that the default position checkboxes should normally ALL be unchecked, so as to block everything by default. Is that so?
Opinions on on what the install default of "default" should be vary.
But if you want the default to be "nothing" that is certainly a reasonable position to take.
Last edited by Pansa on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juozas

Post by juozas »

On my system default differs comparing with the screenshot above. Deleting the storage-sync.sqlite from profile folder results in a configuration like below:
Media, font and webgl isn't checked while fetch is checked. Not sure what red background for script and fetch on sites with http(s) prefix mean though, probably a bug?

I hope you didn't accidently change the default permissions before unchecking all unless required.
Сделано в СССР
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

juozas wrote:On my system default differs comparing with the screenshot above. Deleting the storage-sync.sqlite from profile folder results in a configuration like below:
Media, font and webgl isn't checked while fetch is checked. Not sure what red background for script and fetch on sites with http(s) prefix mean though, probably a bug?
My current best guess is that the colours indicate that the page you chose to edit the options from is trying to run these.
In your case google seems to want to have a script, and wants to fetch. And since you have fetch set, it gets to do that (by default) and does not get to run the script.

But don't explicitly take my word for it, I haven't fully tested it.