Some sites are not loading properly

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Alecsander

Some sites are not loading properly

Post by Alecsander »

Hi all and thank you for your awesome work!

I'm a noscript end-user and that means that i don't understand anything about programming so please be patient...

I'm using the new noscript 10 and some sites don't work even if i permitted the site.

In some cases i cannot login or send other data from forms, in other cases it doesn't load some parts (i think is java, but i'm not sure).

Thank you,
Alecsander
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Nutster

Re: Some sites are not loading properly

Post by Nutster »

I also ran into this problem this morning. Sites I ran into problems:
Youtube.com: Video would not load. Comments section not appearing.
magicalmisfits.net: Comments would not post; clicking on Post Comment did nothing, other than move the focus to button.
www.wildelifecomic.com: Disqus.com comments would not load.

I have white-listed all these sites (along with disqus.com, disq.us) and they worked fine earlier in the week. I even tried using Temporarily Allow All on This Page, but I still had the same effect. They all came back and worked normally when I disabled NoScript. I much prefer web-surfing with NoScript, but if it blocking legitimate content on white-listed sites, I will have run without it. Hopefully this bug can be fixed quickly.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
NoScriptian

Post by NoScriptian »

It's probably because you didn't allow all necessary scripts. On youtube for instance you also need, along with youtube.com of course, gstatic as well as googlevideo.com to make the video run.

For disquis to work, you would not only need the main domain to be allowed but also https://c.disquscdn.com
Some scripts will get loaded only after you unblocked the main domain. Therefore, always doublecheck the NS extension for new scripts being loaded and if they're required to run the site properly. NS can't decide for you what is necessary.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Are you (or were you) using NoScript 10.1.3rc2? If yes, see https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... =7&t=23902
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Nutster

Post by Nutster »

I am now using 10.1.3c3. It turns out that on some sites, even tough I have them white-listed, only Scripts was allowed; the other types were turned off, so I have manually turned those items back on. I now understand that was caused by bug in the last version, so I may run into this issue on any site I visited under the old version. A bit of a pain, but I think I get it now.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

Nutster wrote:I am now using 10.1.3c3. It turns out that on some sites, even tough I have them white-listed, only Scripts was allowed; the other types were turned off, so I have manually turned those items back on. I now understand that was caused by bug in the last version, so I may run into this issue on any site I visited under the old version. A bit of a pain, but I think I get it now.
You shouldn't
default,untrusted and trusted are "presets" and apply to all their members.
Changing them changes the behaviour for all members.

You can check this in the debug log, it only has ONE section for the settings, and a section for which domains are configured to follow those rules.
Only custom saves individual rule selections.
LigH

Post by LigH »

NoScriptian wrote:It's probably because you didn't allow all necessary scripts. On youtube for instance you also need, along with youtube.com of course, gstatic as well as googlevideo.com to make the video run.
Unfortunately, NoScript 10.1.5.5 does not list the gstatic domain to be allowable. I can only allow domains I see listed, or I would not even know about them. For all "trusted" domains in this list, all actions are allowed, including "fetch".

But even after I set gstatic.com to "trusted" in the extended "NoScript Settings" page, "submit comments" on YouTube is still not loaded.
_

Then I disabled the NoScript add-on; still no "submit comments". I even disabled uBlock Origin, just to be sure. Still nothing. And I cleared the browser cache. Still no "submit comments". I only see a little "loading..." circular icon for half a second, about 5 seconds after the video started.

Something else may be fishy about FF 57.0.1 and YouTube; I could reply to existing comments, but not post a new one. Pale Moon shows "submit comments", Vivaldi (Chrome fork) as well.
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

Hi Ligh. For me, I only need to allow youtube.com and googlevideo.com to watch videos and read comments. gstatic appears in the Menu but I leave it on Default. I dont post comments there since the time when YT made it difficult to do so, so I am not sure what you need for that.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
LigH

Post by LigH »

Part of this issue will surely be that YouTube "optimizes" the appearance for different browsers. Faking a specific browser version to tune the selection of JavaScript functions used in the user interface ... that's just how the internet shall not work. :evil:
Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.18